my acer v5 wont turn on. windows 8.1

hiimweird
hiimweird Member Posts: 44 Troubleshooter
last time i use my v5 is i was watching itsmateix roblox video of him with his buggati in thw game and after it flipped my laptop just gave me a BSOD then, operating system not found. im using external monitor. this happen every time. my screen is damaged

Answers

• hiimweird
    and here is proof. 

this is while im using. the black screen happened
  • hiimweird
    bruh no one giving me answers
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    hiimweird said:

its a hardware issue mate. the screen is faulty. try checking with different computer. 

also remove all cables on monitor press and hold the power button on monitor for 30sec. then connect back the cables and check. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It's possible the GPU is the issue rather than the monitor itself. Test the monitor on a different system if possible, then test the system by putting it into the bIOS and running for a long time to see whether that triggers it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hiimweird
    billsey said:
    It's possible the GPU is the issue rather than the monitor itself. Test the monitor on a different system if possible, then test the system by putting it into the bIOS and running for a long time to see whether that triggers it.
    sometimes my v5 turn on but not possibly the gpu did. its in a hood shape!. and it cant display bios
  • hiimweird
    goodchristy1 said:
    hiimweird said:

its a hardware issue mate. the screen is faulty. try checking with different computer. 

also remove all cables on monitor press and hold the power button on monitor for 30sec. then connect back the cables and check. 
    no mate the screen of my monitors are really good. even tho i tried with a different monitor. just same black screen
  • hiimweird
    hiimweird said:
    billsey said:
    sometimes my v5 turn on but not possibly the gpu did. its in a hood shape!. and it cant display bios
    i meant by: my v5 can turn on. not possibly the gpu. its in a good shape. nvidia 710m
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    what about the power and display cables.?

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • hiimweird
    christy1 said:
    what about the power and display cables.?

all the hdmi, power cords just seem fine. the problem is in the PC
  • hiimweird
    now no operating system.....
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    hiimweird said:
    Look at this guide "How to boot to the Troubleshoot menu on Windows 10" this works for Win-8.1 too and then do either a "Startup Repair" or a "System Restore" and see if this fixes your problem, if it does not, then its a hardware graphics or driver issue, update driver first and see?  

• hiimweird
    StevenGen said:
    hiimweird said:
    Look at this guide "How to boot to the Troubleshoot menu on Windows 10" this works for Win-8.1 too and then do either a "Startup Repair" or a "System Restore" and see if this fixes your problem, if it does not, then its a hardware graphics or driver issue, update driver first and see?  

i cant get into that. ill try usb installation 
  • hiimweird
    StevenGen said:
    hiimweird said:

and also, my laptip just go to operating system not found just in 1 second!
  • billsey
    You should be able to get into the BIOS, it's past the POST when the operating system error message shows up, and entering the BIOS is handled during POST. My guess is the drive has failed or been corrupted. Had you tried to install a different OS before the error occurred?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hiimweird
    billsey said:
    You should be able to get into the BIOS, it's past the POST when the operating system error message shows up, and entering the BIOS is handled during POST. My guess is the drive has failed or been corrupted. Had you tried to install a different OS before the error occurred?
    no i didn't and i don kno why its doing that. 
  • billsey
    Turn the computer off and wait a bit to make sure it's fully stopped. Press and hold the F2 key and turn it back on. Sometimes that gets the key recognized during the short period it's looking for it.
  • hiimweird
    edited March 2021
    billsey said:
    Turn the computer off and wait a bit to make sure it's fully stopped. Press and hold the F2 key and turn it back on. Sometimes that gets the key recognized during the short period it's looking for it.
    i managed to make it work. but it will do operating system not found sooo i will do this.
  • hiimweird
    now its bsod with this error:
  • billsey
    Can you take a picture that shows the whole screen? There usually a lot more shown than just that. Are you booting from a Windows install image? When does the BSOD show up?
  • hiimweird
    edited March 2021
    billsey said:
    Can you take a picture that shows the whole screen? There usually a lot more shown than just that. Are you booting from a Windows install image? When does the BSOD show up?
    the bsod most commonly appear after i used it, login to it even the repair thing bsod! im booting on the hard drive that have windows.