How to fix Bsod upon boot Acer Aspire A515-54Xm

Answers

• Triple3
    Triple3 Member Posts: 45

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Boot from the Win10 USB installation stick. Go to advanced and the command prompt. Enter diskpart > prompt. Then issue the following commands,

list disk
    select disk 0    (there should only be Disk0-1TB HDD  and Disk1-USB)
    online disk
    attributes disk clear readonly
    clean
    convert gpt
    exit

If you get any diskpart error messages, stop and report back. Then try to install Win10 on the 1TB HDD.

Jack E/NJ

I did all of that and tried to reinstall windows but it bsod at the same spot. Stop code:system service exception
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Run diskpart's  list volume again on the HDD0 to make sure it's wiped. Post result if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Run diskpart's  list volume again on the HDD0 to make sure it's wiped. Post result if possible. Jack E/NJ

JackE said:

I had already turned my Pc off but alright.

• JackE
    It didn't wipe. The HDD appears to be  locked. Did you get any error messages when entering the diskpart commands? We may have to set the command prompt  to the elevated adminstrator mode.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    It didn't wipe. The HDD appears to be  locked. Did you get any error messages when entering the diskpart commands? We may have to set the command prompt  to the elevated adminstrator mode.  Jack E/NJ
    No I never got any errors. But I do remember that it kept saying that the ***** is write or read protected or something along the lines of that. It said because it’s ntfs??
  • JackE
    OK. Boot from the USB installation stick again. At the Windows setup menu, press Shift+F10 keys. The elevated command prompt should appear. Now start diskpart again and enter these commands. If you get any error messages, like read/write protection stop and report back. The last command 'list volume' should now show a clean disk. Jack E/NJ

list disk
    online disk
    clean
    convert gpt
    list volume

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Boot from the USB installation stick again. At the Windows setup menu, press Shift+F10 keys. The elevated command prompt should appear. Now start diskpart again and enter these commands. If you get any error messages, like read/write protection stop and report back. The last command 'list volume' should now show a clean disk. Jack E/NJ

list disk
    online disk
    clean
    convert gpt
    list volume

Here y’a go
  • JackE
    OK. Enter these diskpart commands.
    Select Volume 0
    Format fs=ntfs quick

If it formats successfully then enter these diskpart commands'

Select Volume 1
    Format fs=fat32 quick

If both format successfully then enter  these diskpart commands again
    Select Disk 0
    Attributes disk clear readonly

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Enter these diskpart commands.
    Select Volume 0
    Format fs=ntfs quick

If it formats successfully then enter these diskpart commands'

Select Volume 1
    Format fs=fat32 quick

If both format successfully then enter  these diskpart commands again
    Select Disk 0
    Attributes disk clear readonly

I did the steps above and got the same result

• JackE
    The HDD may have have a hardware failure. At the elevated X > prompt enter 'chkdsk c:   /f' to see if it goes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    The HDD may have have a hardware failure. At the elevated X > prompt enter 'chkdsk c:   /f' to see if it goes. Jack E/NJ
    I don’t think uI did anything
  • JackE
    Is secure boot disabled in the BIOS menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    yes it is
  • Triple3

Tinkerer

Triple3 said:
    JackE said:
    yes it is
    Sorry I meant to say that no it isn’t. But I turned it off and did the same steps and got the same results
  • JackE
    Did you have to use a BIOS supervisor password to enter the BIOS menu and turn it off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Did you have to use a BIOS supervisor password to enter the BIOS menu and turn it off? Jack E/NJ

Nope. I just turned on legacy mode
  • JackE
    Please!!! NO!!!!! That's not how secure boot is turned off. The BIOS must be set, saved and exited in UEFI mode only. Then you must re-enter the BIOS menu to set, save and exit a supervisor password in the Security tab. Then you must re-enter the BIOS menu using the supervisor password. Only then can you turn off secure boot  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Please!!! NO!!!!! That's not how secure boot is turned off. The BIOS must be set, saved and exited in UEFI mode only. Then you must re-enter the BIOS menu to set, save and exit a supervisor password in the Security tab. Then you must re-enter the BIOS menu using the supervisor password. Only then can you turn off secure boot  Jack E/NJ 
    Oh *****. I’m worried that if I set a password and somehow the password gets it wrong then I’ll be completely fcked in the bios wouldn’t I?
  • Triple3

Tinkerer

Triple3 said:
    JackE said:
    Oh *****. I’m worried that if I set a password and somehow the password gets it wrong then I’ll be completely fcked in the bios wouldn’t I?
    Triple3 said:
    JackE said:
    Oh well. I tried to do it your way and it worked. Now what’s next? Secure boot is turned off...
  • JackE
    Please don't try to set Legacy mode or you risk losing everything on or irreparably corrupting the HDD (or SSD). So I must now ask if you ever tried boot the USB Win10 installation pendrive when the BIOS was set to Legacy mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ