How to fix Bsod upon boot Acer Aspire A515-54Xm

Answers

• Triple3
    Triple3 Member Posts: 45

Tinkerer

Triple3 said:
    JackE said:
    Remove the nvme Disk1. Then reconnect the 1TB HDD Disk0. Run diskpart's 'list volume' to see if you wiped  Disk0 clean. Then try to install Win10 on it. If it installs, then reconnect nvme Disk1. Then we go from there to see if the nvme can be revived as the D : \ drive again as it was originally set up. Jack E/NJ
    Well I’m pretty sure I did that before but alright. I took out the nvme me and am booting up from the USB. If I’m correct I think that if it’s wiped then it won’t show any other volumes yes?

okay so I did list disk and list volume. It shows that my USB and the hdd are connected. However on list volume it only shows my USB and it’s called volume 0 with the letter being C. I will try to download windows again however I’m sure it will bsod again. I also connected the 4gb ram again because he’ll why not. It seemed to cause more errors with it out rather than when it’s inside.this is what I got when trying to install
    I also searched something up because this stop code happens sometimes Cus of drivers. I ran verifier.exe and this is what I got on the first screen. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020
    OK. The 1TB Disk0 may be dead if it doesn't show up in diskpart. Does it show up as HDD0 in the BIOS Information tab? Don't try to reconnect the nvme until we determine if the 1 TB Disk0 is gone as it will only confuse things. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. The 1TB Disk0 may be dead if it doesn't show up in diskpart. Does it show up as HDD0 in the BIOS Information tab? Don't try to reconnect the nvme until we determine if the 1 TB Disk0 is gone as it will only confuse things. Jack E/NJ
    Sorry I was out. But yes both the hdd and ssd showed up in the bios. The hdd shows up as HDD0 and nvme HDD1 or somethin along the lines of that 
  • JackE
    Please disconnect the nvme so it doesn't confuse things. Then check diskpart list disk and list volume again without the nvme. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Remove the nvme Disk1. Then reconnect the 1TB HDD Disk0. Run diskpart's 'list volume' to see if you wiped  Disk0 clean. Then try to install Win10 on it. If it installs, then reconnect nvme Disk1. Then we go from there to see if the nvme can be revived as the D : \ drive again as it was originally set up. Jack E/NJ
    It’s been a day, do you have any other suggestions Jack? :)
  • JackE
    Please disconnect the nvme so it doesn't confuse things. Then check diskpart list disk and list volume again without the nvme. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Nvme is not installed
  • JackE
    >>>Nvme is not installed>>>

Good. Keep it disconnected till we get to the bottom of this. The original HDD or Disk0 results suggest that a generic Win10 version was improperly installed. It's still on there. The orginal ACER-specific version is completely gone. Can you explain, even a wild guess, how this might've happened? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>Nvme is not installed>>>

Good. Keep it disconnected till we get to the bottom of this. The original HDD or Disk0 results suggest that a generic Win10 version was improperly installed. It's still on there. The orginal ACER-specific version is completely gone. Can you explain, even a wild guess, how this might've happened? Jack E/NJ
    No idea, but I remember that my friend did download something windows 10 pro related on it. Said he was going to upgrade his pc. I told him to do it on mine while he’s at it. I never checked whether if I had pro or not because I never needed any of the features of pro. He might have downloaded it and installed it but I don’t know for sure.
  • JackE
    >>>I told him to do it >>>I never checked whether if I had pro or not >>>

Did you ever turn the machine on immediately after you told him to do it? It will make a difference on what I recommend next. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I told him to do it >>>I never checked whether if I had pro or not >>>

Did you ever turn the machine on immediately after you told him to do it? It will make a difference on what I recommend next. Jack E/NJ

I’m not sure as it was a while ago . I’ve had this pc for 3 years and use it daily for school work and even now I used it for games like Valorant. I use it daily so I’m going to say that I probably did turn it on right after.
  • JackE
    >>> I’ve had this pc for 3 years and use it daily>>>

Have you been using it daily for 3 years since you told him to do it? I'm trying to determine if he fiddled with the machine recently or 3 years ago. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>> I’ve had this pc for 3 years and use it daily>>>

Have you been using it daily for 3 years since you told him to do it? I'm trying to determine if he fiddled with the machine recently or 3 years ago. Jack E/NJ
    No I think he did it sometime before school started so 4 months ago? I can’t remember much because I had a lot going on. But it was sometime then
  • JackE
    So does this mean you really haven't tried to turn the machine on 4 months until last week? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    So does this mean you really haven't tried to turn the machine on 4 months until last week? Jack E/NJ
    No I’ve been using it regularly. I thought you meant whether if I used the machine instantly after he upgraded it. To that I’m not sure but I know I definitely used it that day or the day after. But to answer, no ive been using it for a few months now.
  • JackE
    OK.
    (1) Do NOT try to re-connect the new SSD until further notice. Only the old HDD should be connected,
    (2) With the machine turned off, turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu again.
    (3) If the old HDD shows up in BOTH the BIOS Information & Boot tabs, press F10 to save the settings and exit the BIOS menu.
    (4) Windows should now load. If it doesn't, press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Then turn the machine back on.

Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

edited January 2021
    JackE said:
    OK.
    (1) Do NOT try to re-connect the new SSD until further notice. Only the old HDD should be connected,
    (2) With the machine turned off, turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu again.
    (3) If the old HDD shows up in BOTH the BIOS Information & Boot tabs, press F10 to save the settings and exit the BIOS menu.
    (4) Windows should now load. If it doesn't, press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Then turn the machine back on.

Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ
    I’ve done it before and I’m sure that the hdd doesn’t show up in the boot manager but I’ll try again

here you go.

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
  • JackE
    OK. Is there any personal files on the old drive that you want to try to recover? The easiest way to try to recover them is by connecting the old drive to another working computer USB port. If you don't care, then I suggest we clean the old drive because it obviously isn't clean and try to get it to boot again. What do you want to do? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Is there any personal files on the old drive that you want to try to recover? The easiest way to try to recover them is by connecting the old drive to another working computer USB port. If you don't care, then I suggest we clean the old drive because it obviously isn't clean and try to get it to boot again. What do you want to do? Jack E/NJ
    I don’t have anything important on that drive, just had my downloads and stuff as I used that as a secondary storage drive. I’d like to wipe it
  • JackE
    OK. Boot from the Win10 USB installation stick. Go to advanced and the command prompt. Enter diskpart > prompt. Then issue the following commands,

list disk
    select disk 0    (there should only be Disk0-1TB HDD  and Disk1-USB)
    online disk
    attributes disk clear readonly
    clean
    convert gpt
    exit

If you get any diskpart error messages, stop and report back. Then try to install Win10 on the 1TB HDD.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ