Acer Aspire A315-33-P40P (SATA 3 6/gbs)

Options
13»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you tried any other speedtests on your specific machine to confirm the CrystalDiskInfo results? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sergeygg228
    sergeygg228 Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Have you tried any other speedtests on your specific machine to confirm the CrystalDiskInfo results? Jack E/NJ

Yes. CrystalDiskMark, Aida64, speed not higher than 260 mb / s
  • JackE
    Options
    Two safe options. (1) Try to negotiate with regional ACER repair service to unlock BIOS to change default to SATA-iii if possible for reasonable fee. (2) Hope for future BIOS update to allow user SATA-iii selection (unknown time-frame). Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sergeygg228

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Two safe options. (1) Try to negotiate with regional ACER repair service to unlock BIOS to change default to SATA-iii if possible for reasonable fee. (2) Hope for future BIOS update to allow user SATA-iii selection (unknown time-frame). Jack E/NJ
    Maybe write in support of Acer, so that they make a choice of BIOS, am I ready to wait? The Authorized Service Center is far away, and it is not very reasonable for me to go just because of this.
  • JackE
    Options
    The other options are not safe. I would contact your regional service center by letter, email or phone and simply ask how can you take full advantage of a SATA-iii SSD with the BIOS that seems to be locked in a SATA-ii default mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you also tried to reset the battery? In addition to simulating battery removal, it also resets the bios:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The CMOS jumper is located here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sergeygg228

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you also tried to reset the battery? In addition to simulating battery removal, it also resets the bios:
    Thanks for the advice! I pressed this hole with a paper clip, the laptop turned off and the BIOS was reset, I didn't have to disassemble it. But unfortunately, this again did not lead to anything.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As mentioned earlier, contact your regional ACER service center by letter, email or phone and simply ask how or if you can take full advantage of a SATA-iii SSD with the BIOS that seems to be locked in a SATA-ii default mode. It is possible there may be other technical reasons that the bus seems to be limited SATA-ii speeds. It may simply be that all the other system components besides the mechanical drive used in this laptop manufactured for your region were not tested for reliability at SATA-iii. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ