Spin513-54N Keyboard backlight stopped working

Options

Answers

• Gruguir
    Gruguir Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey if you check the entire thread I guess that you can get my frustration. It looks like it is never read correctly and randomly answered. When someone says is backlight keyboard stopped working after a BIOS update, you already have the context, Taking as a starting point the fact of the question is the best method to me.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    i will ask again. Can you check this setting in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gruguir

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho sure (since you didn't mention who you are asking to and I'm the OP), I'll answer again: this is already tried and answered, and irrelevant.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try disabling the real time clock reset:

Check the kbbl1 connector:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • temporary2020
    temporary2020 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok so I had this problem and sent the laptop for repair in the end. It returned with working backlight and note that the keyboard was replaced. Lo and behold it stopped working again...
  • Gruguir

Tinkerer

Options
    @temporary2020 thanks for the feedback

• OasisHaq
    OasisHaq Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello. I have an Acer Spin 5 SP513 and I also started to have backlight issues (backlight not working at all) along the same timeline as the initial author. I would like to know if there are any software/BIOS updates to fix this. This is an essential feature that influenced my purchase of this product. Having it taken away with a software issue is unacceptable. What is even more unacceptable is the lack of transparency and updates to fix this issue. Please, address this immediately. Thank you. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @OasisHaqIs your model the SP513-54N?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi OasisHaq,

Did you try to udate the keyboad driver ?
  • OasisHaq

Tinkerer

Options
    No, I haven't @Easwar. Where do I find it. @egydiocoelho yes that is the model of my laptop. 
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi OasisHaq,

# Try to update the keyboard driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option keyboard.
    4. Under the title keyboard.
    Laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title keyboard.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • OasisHaq

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you @Easwar but that didn't work :anguished:
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi OasisHaq,

# Try to reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • OasisHaq

Tinkerer

Options
    Wow that is a really drastic measure. I'll try it tonight
  • BlindOptimism
    BlindOptimism Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Exact same model/issue. Constantly resetting to factory settings cannot be the answer....
  • dave15
    dave15 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am experiencing the same issue, model is Swift SF314-57. Only had it 4 months.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @BlindOptimism and @dave15I suggest that you ask new questions.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dave15
    dave15 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I managed to resolve the issue by inserting pin into the battery reset hole on the back of the unit and holding for 4+ seconds.
  • OasisHaq

Tinkerer

Options
    This is honestly just awful. This is the second Acer laptop I have gotten and I could not have imagined a worse customer service. My wife has a Macbook and as much as I hate MacOS she never had anything close to this kind of problem. @dave15 I tried the battery reset but didn't work. Also no, I don't think I am going to reset my entire device and re-install all my apps for a "possible" fix 
  • OasisHaq

Tinkerer

Options
    Wow :( This is so sad. Just reset my pc and keyboard backlight still not working @Easwar I can't believe I thought this would work... Now to reinstall all my programs.