Aspire SW5-011 - turned on, will not boot.

Options
13»

Answers

• Jjet73
    Jjet73 Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok I will try the link.....but I was saying that both the speakers and the INPUT are showing as not there...sorry wasn't very clear about that.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Fire up Device Manager and check to see if it's got anything it's complaining about. I'm thinking the device drivers for the sound aren't functional.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jjet73

Tinkerer

Options
    Here is what I get from Device Mgr:  don't see any audio

• Jjet73

Tinkerer

Options
    Followed your link, did the entire process two times with restarts, Installed, etc.  Still have red x.  Here is the Device Mgr after the two tries 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it will pick up a newer Win10 driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jjet73

Tinkerer

Options
    installed the iobit DriverBooster freeware, updated 7 drivers but none were related to sound.  Device mgr still shows no sound devices or even a folder for sound.  The computer is not finding the sound card I suppose.  I recall having a similar problem with another PC when it was upgraded to Win 10 and I recall downloading something to get sound back.  Any ideas?
  • JackE
    Options
    Click start icon. Click 'settings'. Click 'system'. Click 'about'. What is the system and cpu type? 64 or 32? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jjet73

Tinkerer

Options
    System is 32 bit, here is screen shot (when the Win 10 reinstall was done 32 bit was selected

• JackE
    Options
    Was Win/64 offered as a choice? The reason being that 2GB RAM will handle Win/64.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jjet73

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes I could have chosen either 32 or 64.  Selected 32.  Are you suggesting it had something to do with the audio issue?
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, it might have. Win10/64 uses it own Microsoft audio driver. Win10/32 uses an ACER audio driver which you tried already. But before giving up on Win10/32, download and unzip the following Intel 32-bit platform driver to see if that unlocks the audio. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Fire up Device Manager again and bring up properties on each of those devices showing errors. Go to the Details tab and choose the Hardware Ids from the Property pull down. Capture that and show us the results. It will look similar to this:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jjet73

Tinkerer

Options
    In Device mgr there is now a Sound, video and game controllers folder which has an Intel SST Audio device (WDM) and a Realtek I2S Audio Codec listed - when I click on each one, the popup says that they are working properly.  In Settings, Sound - get good test on microphone and speakers, went to a website and played a song, worked fine. It appears your latest link did the trick !!  Thank you again for your patience and expertise - very much appreciated !!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Finally!  =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ