High CPU Temperature on AN515-52

Options
13»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you inform the version of the bios? Sometimes, acer changes the thermal table by updating the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SeytanKulesi2
    SeytanKulesi2 Member Posts: 48 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yorumunuzu yazın

@egydiocoelho
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the version bios? Have you tried to clean the fans and change the thermal paste?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SeytanKulesi2
    Options
    what is the version bios? Have you tried to clean the fans and change the thermal paste?
    bios version 1.28. yes, I did everything I could.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeytanKulesi2
    Options
    Why do I have to deal with this kind of thing? Wouldn't a person who did not know about the computer use this when it could not solve the heat problem? Is this? It was not so problematic before. It has started to increase in the last few months.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you do the undervolting. Now, did this overheating problem occur after upgrading windows to version 2004?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeytanKulesi2
    edited July 2020
    Options
    egydiocoelho dedi ki:
    Seni alçakgönüllü yapmanı öneririm. Şimdi, bu aşırı ısınma sorunu, pencereleri 2004 sürümüne yükselttikten sonra mı oluştu?
    Merhaba özür dilerim. Windows 1909 sürümüm. İşte alıntı;

From which section can I make the Windows version older? I would also like to try it in the old version.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,731 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If your notebook is not under warranty, you can try to replace the thermal paste and use another one with better composition. Many users recommend the grizzly kryonaut. Watch these videos:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeytanKulesi2
    Options
    egydiocoelho said: If your notebook is not under warranty, you can try to replace the thermal paste and use another one with better composition. Many users recommend the grizzly kryonaut. Watch these videos:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2ibK79zd8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPUCYUiGWZQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB2Jx8UHuck
    do thermal pads really work? I can't see a thermal pad on my components. I think they came without pads.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I am almost sure that the model an515-52 has a thermal pad. My English is not good. The problem is that there are always air gaps between the chip and the heatsink. In addition, air is a terrible conductor of heat and that is why there is thermal paste and thermal pads. This article explains better, see: https://blog.arctic.ac/blog/2015/07/23/thermal-pads-or-thermal-paste/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeytanKulesi2
    Options
    I am almost sure that the model an515-52 has a thermal pad. My English is not good. The problem is that there are always air gaps between the chip and the heatsink. In addition, air is a terrible conductor of heat and that is why there is thermal paste and thermal pads. This article explains better, see: https://blog.arctic.ac/blog/2015/07/23/thermal-pads-or-thermal-paste/
    I understand that I need to change the thermal pads because
    I changed my cooler over the pads twice without changing the pads. Is there a thermal pad that you can recommend to me? I think these thermal pads are very expensive.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would only change the thermal pads if they were damaged. Regarding thermal paste, many users recommend the grizzly kryonaut.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeytanKulesi2
    Options
    I would only change the thermal pads if they were damaged. Regarding thermal paste, many users recommend the grizzly kryonaut.
    It says that if it is removed from the cooler after installing thermal pads on many sources, it should be renewed again. 
    I use Arctic MX-4 as a thermal paste. Should the thermal pad be 1mm ... Is there a way to find out? I think he should cover the distance completely.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is not necessary to replace the thermal pads if they are not damaged. About the size of the thermal pads, I will ask colleague @xapim.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2020
    Options
    SeytanKulesi2 no need to replace any thermal pads if they arent damaged also the size goes from 0.5mm to 1.0mm sometimes even mixed sizes in the same device theres no way to really know exactly the sizes also there is nothing on any SG regarding the thermal pads sizes for each device its up to who is disassembling it to find out and maybe measure them you have to understand the thermal pads do not affect the cpu/dgpu temps directly they are there to provide some cooling to the vram chipsets only and to level the heatsink properly if the incorrect size is applied there will be gaps between the heatsink and the diodes creating thermal issues also regarding thermal paste i recommend kryonaut its the best you can get and use the spread method only a thin layer covering both diodes its enough too much paste its bad good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/