Changing HDD to SSD bit windows won't boot or shut down? HELP PLZ

12346»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    You might've gotten a bad SSD or its connector is not making good contact to the mainboard connector. So I recommend returning the SSD to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HRVPictures
    HRVPictures Member Posts: 60

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    You might've gotten a bad SSD or its connector is not making good contact to the mainboard connector. So I recommend returning the SSD to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange.  Jack E/NJ
    I actually thought that was the case and I bought another SSD with a different brand but the same issue came up! 
  • JackE
    Sorry. I don't think anything's wrong with your laptop. Your original HDD seemed to be failing and thus shouln't be trusted to clone or migrate properly to an SSD or even use for important data storage. You've also apparently changed RAM modules at the same time you were trying to change the SSD which adds complications. Trying to make one change at a time probably would've been better.

The Windows installations you've tried to install on the SSD seem to all be generic versions, not meant for ACER proprietary hardware. You have yet  to try to download the free ACER patches or any of the other free updated device drivers and firmware to see if they will help fix the issues.

You either need to try these free updates or try to get the original factory installation media suggested earlier from your authorized ACER service center. They may not even charge much for the media. But you must ask them 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HRVPictures

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry. I don't think anything's wrong with your laptop. Your original HDD seemed to be failing and thus shouln't be trusted to clone or migrate properly to an SSD or even use for important data storage. You've also apparently changed RAM modules at the same time you were trying to change the SSD which adds complications. Trying to make one change at a time probably would've been better.

The Windows installations you've tried to install on the SSD seem to all be generic versions, not meant for ACER proprietary hardware. You have yet  to try to download the free ACER patches or any of the other free updated device drivers and firmware to see if they will help fix the issues.

You either need to try these free updates or try to get the original factory installation media suggested earlier from your authorized ACER service center. They may not even charge much for the media. But you must ask them 

Jack E/NJ
    So you think because I changed the RAM that could give problem to the system? 
    Should I try it with the old RAM again? 
    Should I try the patch on the old HDD or when I install the windows on SSD? (If I can get to the windows!) would that link take me to update the drivers and firmware? Do I have to download these patches on the acer or can I download it on my Dell laptop?!
    i don’t think there is any Acer Center which could help me with? 
  • JackE
    One thing at a time. Just put the old RAM back in. Don't try to patch anything. Simply try to re-install Windows on the new SSD, Nothing else. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HRVPictures

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    One thing at a time. Just put the old RAM back in. Don't try to patch anything. Simply try to re-install Windows on the new SSD, Nothing else. Jack E/NJ
    Windows 10 or 7?! 
  • HRVPictures

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    JackE said:
    I installed the win 10 again on the SSD with old RAM connected. however yet same issues appeared. I managed to get into the windows and check the patch link. but it only shows me drivers for Win7 and upgraded 8 from 7!? (photo attached). I downloaded the Acer software to detect the necessary drivers but it shows that my OS is win8?!! any idea why is that?  however it doesn't give me any option to download anything just a list of models for the wireless, card graphic and etc.
    Should I run any patch from here and if yes, which one of them? 
    Why is there still a problem even when the old RAM is being used? 
  • JackE
    >>>i don’t think there is any Acer Center which could help me with? >>>

The linked posted earlier does indeed show an authorised ACER service center. You must try to contact them or the store. If you originally bought it from Currys, Dixons or PCWorld, you could also ask them for help. The generic Windows installations you've tried so far are obviously not working too well. So you need to contact these places to either try to get the original factory ACER installation media or help you with this. Jack E/NJ

For questions regarding your purchase in the Acer Store please contact:

https://uk-store.acer.com/contacts

Other Information

Please note that all Acer products purchased from PC World, Dixons or Curry's are supported via the store from which the product was purchased.

UK Repair Centre

Infoteam International Services Ltd
    Unit 1
    Epic Park
    Halesfield 6
    Telford
    TF7 4BF

Jack E/NJ