Default boot device missing or boot failed for nitro 5

Options
Arrowstatle
Arrowstatle Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Everytime I try to turn my computer on i get this blue message followed by another screen that says boot option menu: windows boot manager. That's the only option. Help pls

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Turn the machine completely off by pressing and holding the power button if you have to. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Do you see the HDD or SSD listed In the BIOS Information tab? If yes, are the F12 & D2D options enabled in the BIOS Main tab? If not, enable them. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu.  Then report back for further tests. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Undortunalltely that didnt fox the problem
  • JackE
    Options
    Please answer the questions so we can move on to the next step to try to fix this. Turn the machine completely off by pressing and holding the power button if you have to. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    (1) Do you see the HDD or SSD listed In the BIOS Information tab?
    (2) If yes, are the F12 & D2D options enabled in the BIOS Main tab? If not, enable them.
    (3) Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu.

Then report back for further tests.. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes both are listed yes both are enabled
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Sounds good so far. Now turn the machine completely off again by pressing & holding the power button.

Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while banging away at the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below.

You'll have a choice to refresh the machine to a factory state while trying to save your personal files and programs. Or a complete remove-everything factory reset which will return to machine to the way it was when you first opened the box that it came in.

I'd probably try the refresh first to try to save my files and programs. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay so I just tried to do that twice now. Hold down alt while repeatedly tapping the f10 key and I still haven't seen the recovery screen setup. Do you have any other suggestions?
  • Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes I did start it from a completely off state aswell
  • JackE
    Options
    Did this machine originally have Win10 factory installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes windows 10 was factory installed when I purchased it
  • JackE
    Options
    Re-check the BIOS MAIN tab. The D2D recovery option must still be enabled.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Okay so I just tried to do that twice now. Hold down alt while repeatedly tapping the f10 key and I still haven't seen the recovery screen setup. Do you have any other suggestions?

Sometimes Alt + F10 behaves oddly, try rebooting and at the Acer Logo press and hold them both down (don't tap just hold down) during the boot process, if that doesn't work Reboot and IMMEDIATELY (don't wait for the Acer Logo) hold them both down for 10 seconds

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Tried both suggestions?

• JackE
    edited February 2020
    Options
    >>>Everytime I try to turn my computer on i get this blue message followed by another screen that says boot option menu: windows boot manager. >>>

Other than this, what's the problem? In other words, can you boot to Windows OK? If yes, you just rearrange the BOOT order in the BIOS BOOT tab so the WinBootMgr is last. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Jack first of all you've been a great help and I dont think I could have even started to understand this without your help but here I'll show you exactly what happens in a video give me 2 seconds
  • Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    This is the next screen it takes me to. It only gives me 1 option, so I click it, and it will just reboot me back to the same screen everytime. It's super confusing
  • Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Here is the screen
  • Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    Couldnt send a video
  • JackE
    Options
    Your 2 seconds were up anyway. =)   OK. Precisely what error do you get when press enter at the screen below? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    There is no error, except for the fact that it will reboot back to the blue screen that is the windows boot manager
  • Arrowstatle

Tinkerer

Options
    It's an endless cycle of windows boot manager, go default boot device missing or boot failed