Answers

• Arrowstatle
    Arrowstatle Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    The screen it takes me to is the screen I was first asking about
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when you disable secureboot? Is the boot mode in uefi or legacy?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>There is no error,>>>
    but then you say
    >>>go default boot device missing or boot failed>>>

Is there an error message that states "default boot device missing" or "boot failed". Or is there not  any error message? Sorry I'm confused. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Aziroazide
    Aziroazide Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    The screen it takes me to is the screen I was first asking about 
    Hello, did you find any fix for this. I was making a PowerPoint presentation when my device suddenly ran into blue screen -trying to fix error then it went from 0% to 100% and restarted to this. "Default boot device missing".
    I tried everything as mentioned above and still no result. I'm having the same issue as yours. Kindly help, I need to present my ppt tomorrow. 

Also the Alt+F10 part isn't working for me as in your case
  • Aziroazide
    Options
    JackE said:
    Please answer the questions so we can move on to the next step to try to fix this. Turn the machine completely off by pressing and holding the power button if you have to. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    (1) Do you see the HDD or SSD listed In the BIOS Information tab?
    (2) If yes, are the F12 & D2D options enabled in the BIOS Main tab? If not, enable them.
    (3) Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu.

Then report back for further tests.. Jack E/NJ
    Hello Mr. Jack, 
    Could you please help me with this issue. I tried everything, and I found some YouTube videos suggesting to put boot mode to Legacy but there's no option other than UEFI. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Aziroazide Ideally, you should create a new topic, informing the notebool model...
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

Check if the HDD is described in BOTH the BIOS Information  & Boot tabs. If the HDD missing in the Information tab, then the HDD has either lost power or physically disconnected from the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Aziroazide
    Options
    @Aziroazide Ideally, you should create a new topic, informing the notebool model...
    Hey, my sincere apologies for that, but this thread is the exact problem that I'm facing rn. Hence I thought maybe continue it here itself. 
  • Aziroazide
    Options
    My notebook model is similar to what that guy had problem with: Acer Nitro AN515-52. SNID: 84501366634

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check first what colleague jacke said:
    JackE said:

Check if the HDD is described in BOTH the BIOS Information  & Boot tabs. If the HDD missing in the Information tab, then the HDD has either lost power or physically disconnected from the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aziroazide
    Options
    JackE said:

Yes, HDD is visible in both the tabs, info as well as boot. 
    Also, my device is currently under warranty. But it ends soon and am unable to reach any service centre due to lockdown/isolation. Is there any way this issue can be resolved? 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First, check if a battery reset solves the problem:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aziroazide
    Options
    Thanks, I just tried. I waited for 5 mins too. It doesn't seem to work. Still the problem persists.
    Thank you for replying.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you change sata mode to ahci?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aziroazide
    Options
    What happens when you change sata mode to ahci?Nope, no progress. Still on reboot it shows 

Nope, no progress. Still on reboot it shows the same thing. I saw a youtube video and it said try changing uefi to legacy, but I didn't find any option other than UEFI. Is that an issue. As I googled it, it showed today's notebooks do not have Legacy boot mode!!. Apparently opting that option fixes the device as shown in various YouTube videos.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you have how to disconnect and reconnect the hd? Sometimes it may just be a connection failure.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aziroazide
    Options
    Do you have how to disconnect and reconnect the hd? Sometimes it may just be a connection failure.

Yes, that was the first thing I tried before looking it up on the internet. I tried to remove the HDD and replug it. (Although I've heard doing so voids the warranty but that doesn't concern me as of now.) I've verified if the HDD is safely plugged by rebooting to F2 menu and it showed HDD. 
  • Aziroazide
    Options
    Should I try formatting and reinstalling OS? And can I recover my data after that with softwares such as Recuva? I showed my device to a local mechanic (lenovo), and stated that you should reinstall the OS as there's a possibility that OS might've crashed. And most of my files are in D drive but few important files such as passwords and my project reports were in documents folder (C drive). Can I get them back? (After reinstalling OS?) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you press alt + f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aziroazide
    Options
    What happens when you press alt + f10 before the acer logo?
    Nothing, it just goes to that "default boot device failed" Screen. I tried that more than 10 times. In almost alll YouTube videos they proceed like that, but I can't get to that recovery point.