A515-54g-797l supports 1x 32gb ddr 4 ram?

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    The a515-54g-797l cheaper, lighter, longer runtime with similar specs. Performance wise it'd be good enough for what I do. Jack E?NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    What would it be it's primary use? Gaming, CAD or general; or a mix of all?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• he02
    he02 Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter
    Options
        General
  • he02
    Options
    @JackE @andylb @brummyfan2 @egydiocoelho at the service manual says that a515-54g-797l comes with IPS or non IPS screen ? At acer site not says that is IPS but at the microcenter site appears a 797l with the acer sticker that says that is IPS 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the "spare parts" guide for model a515-54g-797l, it shows that all displays are IPS.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • he02
    Options
        @egydiocoelho where can I see this information ?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    he02 said:
        @egydiocoelho where can I see this information ?

You can't see the whole Service Guide, it is only available to ACE team members but we can share screenshots in order to help solve your problem. So here is the display detail for the model my colleague @egydiocoelho was referring to

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• he02
    Options
    @JackE @brummyfan2 @andylb @egydiocoelho if I buy the 1x 32gb ddr4 and it works, do u think it could overcharge the motherboard or other part of the notebook as acer says it supports up to 16gb (I think this information was before intel 10gen but acer not updated) . Thanks again!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Even if you recognize it, only 16gb will appear in that slot.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • he02
    Options
    @egydiocoelho I mean if it recognizes 32gb . See this link, one person said that the a515-54g recognizes 32 gb : https://www.amazon.it/PHS-memory-modulo-A515-54G-597F-2666MHz-PC4-2666V-S/dp/B084KS355H?th=1   . My doubt, if it recognizes 32gb, it can crash the laptop ? @egydiocoelho do u think will not recognize?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In my opinion, there is an error on the website. According to the service manual, this model accepts up to 16gb of ram in the slot.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• he02
    Options
    @egydiocoelho but can be error at the acer manual also right? For example, at the beggining the manual says that the solded memory always is 4gb, after they changed tor up to 4gb (the solded slot could also be empty). What do u think?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is because there are some versions of this model with 4gb onboard ram, and other versions without onboard ram. Ideally, you should purchase a 16gb ddr4 ram.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Options
    he02 said:
    @egydiocoelho I mean if it recognizes 32gb . See this link, one person said that the a515-54g recognizes 32 gb : https://www.amazon.it/PHS-memory-modulo-A515-54G-597F-2666MHz-PC4-2666V-S/dp/B084KS355H?th=1   . My doubt, if it recognizes 32gb, it can crash the laptop ? @egydiocoelho do u think will not recognize?
    When they wrote the service guide, they probably didn't have any 32 GB modules to test.   It will probably work.  It's probably not going to break your laptop.  But you can't contact Acer support if it doesn't work since it's not officially supported by Acer.

Give it a shot.  It's not illegal.  They won't arrest you or take you to jail or anything like that.  ;)
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • he02
    Options
    @JordanB the problem is I am in doubt of a75-74g-73qx and a515-54g-797l , so If 1x32gb works I will go with a515 and if not I will go with a715. So is more than buy a slot of 1x 32gb, it affects my choice of wich laptop I buy. Do u think will work @JordanB  ?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry. No 100% guarantees it will or won't work. You should decide based on factors other than RAM max. Like I said earlier on another thread, I'd choose the A515 because it's cheaper, lighter and longer battery life. For what I do, it fits better that the A715. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    he02 said:
    @JordanB the problem is I am in doubt of a75-74g-73qx and a515-54g-797l , so If 1x32gb works I will go with a515 and if not I will go with a715. So is more than buy a slot of 1x 32gb, it affects my choice of wich laptop I buy. Do u think will work @JordanB  ?
    Sorry, I don't know.  If you need that much ram, maybe look at a desktop.....if you're going to be doing video or photo editing.  If you start a new topic and tell what you plan to do with your laptop, then maybe you can get recommendations on how much ram you need and which laptop to get within your budget.  Acer has lots and lots of models.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • he02
    Options
    @JackE how about the aluminium case the a715 ? The a515 is plastic
  • he02
    Options
    @JordanB I not edit videos or play games. But I work with 50 windows oppened of chrome at same time
  • he02
    Options
    @JordanB @JackE @Egydio one laptop that has 2 slots and work with dual channel 2x16gb ram is faster than other that has only 1 slot (and supports 1x32gb? The type of ddr and frequency are the same