Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

A515-54g-797l supports 1x 32gb ddr 4 ram?

he02he02 Posts: 37Member Troubleshooter
Hi
is the a515-54g-797l supports 1x 32gb ddr4 ? It comes with i7-10510u (that supports until 64gb ram) . So the a515-54g-797 did not support at least 1x32gb ddr4 ram ?

FAQ & Answers

• he02he02 Posts: 37Member Troubleshooter
    @brummyfan2 do u know? Regards
  • JackEJackE Posts: 19,267ACE Trailblazer
    Sorry, it has 4GB soldered DDR4 memory and up to 16GB DDR4 replaceable for a total of 20GB max. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 14,035ACE Trailblazer
    edited February 14
    Hi,
    I was wrong, looking at wrong model  :o
    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
    @JackE for sure has 4gb solded ? At acer store says it comes with 1x 16gb ddr4 and 16gb total ram
    @brummyfan2 this one only have 1 slot 
  • he02 said:
    @brummyfan2 this one only have 1 slot 
    Yes, I have corrected my post, I was looking at wrong model  :'(
    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
    edited February 14
    If it has only 16GB, it doesn't have 4GB soldered. Your max RAM is 16GB in a single slot. However, a 32GB  module may be recognized by the BIOS but is absolutely not guaranteed to work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    @JackE where can I see these specs that you paste ? Do you think could recognize 1x32gb and also 1x64gb ram ?
  • andylbandylb Posts: 3,092ACE Pathfinder
    he02 said:
    @JackE where can I see these specs that you paste ? Do you think could recognize 1x32gb and also 1x64gb ram ?

You can't see those specs they are from the Service Guide for your model and are not available to the user. On your other questions, No and NO

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

@andylb no and no for sure or maybe ?
    Try the 32GB module from a vendor with a good returns policy. It is for sure not guaranteed to work. But it might. But then again might not. The specs say 16GB max for your machine. If it was mine with money to burn, I'd spend it on a nice dinner and bottle of alicante bushet at Tereza's.  :) Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
                    😆
    he02 said:
    @andylb no and no for sure or maybe ?

No 32gb and 64gb are not officially supported. Maybe they might work but it is such a longshot that I would join @JackE for dinner instead =)

JackE said:
    Try the 32GB module from a vendor with a good returns policy. It is for sure not guaranteed to work. But it might. But then again might not. The specs say 16GB max for your machine. If it was mine with money to burn, I'd spend it on a nice dinner and bottle of alicante bushet at Tereza's.  :) Jack E/NJ

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

😆
    @JackE @brummyfan2 @andylb @egydiocoelho see this : https://www.amazon.it/PHS-memory-modulo-A515-54G-597F-2666MHz-PC4-2666V-S/dp/B084KS355H?th=1  . It says : "Questa 32GB Memoria RAM è stata testata da noi per Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-597F ed è compatibile al 100% ."
    My friend you can try it but just because someone selling on Amazon says it is good doesn't mean it is. Amazon have a good return policy so it's up to you. We can only tell you what Acer who make your laptop says the MOB is designed to support

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

@he02 >>>It says : "Questa 32GB Memoria RAM è stata testata da noi per Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-597F ed è compatibile al 100%>>>

I still have more faith in what Tereza has to say about her product.    :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
             =)  =)
    @JackE @brummyfan2 @egydiocoelho @andylb if you were buying a laptop today wich one you choose to buy , the a515-54g-797l or the a715-74g-73qx ? 
      And why ?