A515-54g-797l supports 1x 32gb ddr 4 ram?

Options
13»

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Options
    You can contact Crucial Customer Support and ask them about part below working in your laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZLC26HY?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

You can contact Samsung Customer Support and ask about part working in your laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N124XDS?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

You contact Mushkin Customer Support and see what they think.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MZCCMHY?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

They're not supported by Acer.

Sorry,  Good luck.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you have two identical rams memories, the dual channel is activated. See this intel article: https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000005657/boards-and-kits.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • he02
    he02 Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @egydiocoelho so if there is one memory solded 4gb , for example, and 1 slot 1x16gb, they will not work as dual channel?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This model has only a single ram slot for expansion. Some versions of this model can come with 4gb of onboard ram. If you buy a 16gb ram and if your model has more than 4gb of onboard ram, only 8gb will work in dual channel and the other 12gb will work in single channel.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    he02 said:
    @JackE @brummyfan2 @andylb @egydiocoelho if I buy the 1x 32gb ddr4 and it works, do u think it could overcharge the motherboard or other part of the notebook as acer says it supports up to 16gb (I think this information was before intel 10gen but acer not updated) . Thanks again!

My friend, if it works great but I will say this, if you install RAM that your manual clearly states isn't supported and any damage occurs, your Warranty will be invalid. Also 16gb of RAM is sufficient for even the most demanding games, a program or game will only demand the RAM it needs and if it is less than 16gb the remainder will be wasted. Over 16gb is usually needed by designers using advanced CAD programs

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★