Acer Nitro 7 plugged in but not charging

Options

Answers

• OMGLeto
    OMGLeto Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Does anyone happen to know where i could buy a replacement battery without having to send it to acer for an indeterminate amount of time? im not sure what kind of battery goes in this laptop exactly
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you enter the exact model of the notebook? Example A515-51-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • OMGLeto
    Options
    how exactly do i find that last part?

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    OMGLeto said:

AN515-** is enough for this problem

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the lower case or you can just copy and paste only the first ten numbers from partnumber.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • OMGLeto
    Options
    andylb said:
    OMGLeto said:

AN715-51
  • OMGLeto
    Options
    andylb said:
    OMGLeto said:

AN715-51
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Try a battery reset. Unplug and turn off your laptop. Place a straightened paperclip in the very small hole with a battery symbol next to it on the underside of your laptop, press for 12 seconds then leave the unit alone for 15 minutes, plug in and power up

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Bobobagginz123
    Bobobagginz123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    OMGLeto said:
    So i've had my Acer Nitro 7 (715-51) for a few months now, since around September
    recently as of about a week ago when its plugged in it just says "Plugged In" no mention of the charge time or if its charging

if i unplug it it will drain as normal and even mention how much time is left on the charge but the % of the charge remains the same when its plugged in for hours.

i manage to get it to work again for about 3 days after doing a battery reset (powering off and holding the power button and then restarting and letting it do its funky start up) but any attempts to do this since have failed to fix the problem. i REALLY want to avoid sending the laptop in because i need it in my daily life so any help to avoid that would be greatly appreciated!
    Hey mate, I been having this exact same problem with my laptop which is also the nitro 7. Theres a loose connection with the battery! I opened the laptop disconnected it and reconnected the battery and it works fine now the battery percentage increases like normal. The connection might break again after some time to just do the same procedure again or just tape it down if you can. I tried taking it to currys as I pay insurance and picked the laptop up from them but they turned me away as the insurance doesn't cover the batter
  • JWA1979
    JWA1979 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    [SOLVED]
    I had the same issue mentioned above with my battery not charging on my AN715-51-796C laptop. I sent mine in for repair but Acer couldn't not replicate the issue. They gave me a free Chicony power adapter. My laptop seemed to be working fine with the new adapter until a month later I started having the same issue again. I called Acer again but they couldn't provide any new help other than to send me another power adapter. I decided to perform a very general Google search on "laptop battery not charging" and found a CNET article titled: "How to fix a Windows 10 laptop that's plugged in but isn't charging". The article provides straightforward instructions on how to resolve the issues. Listed below is the link, with the instructions outlined. So far, the fix is working for me. Hopefully it will help others having this same issue. 

• Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.
    • Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
    • Right-click ON EACH ITEM (BOTH) and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.
    • Shut down your laptop.
    • Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
    • If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. My laptop does not have a removable battery. I tried skipping this step but it didn't work, so I removed the bottom panel of my laptop and then removed the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
    • Put the battery back in if you removed it.
    • Plug in your laptop.
    • Power on your laptop.
    • Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.

• Brazilrome
    Brazilrome Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have same problem, trying everything else First: delete battery driver/ instal new driver , trying another charger etc. Nothing works.

I open the  bottom cover and unplug the battery 1 minute and plug it back. Everything work normal then.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Brazilrome O ideal é que você abra um novo tópico sobre o problema. Me adicione colocando um @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• adc777
    adc777 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    It happened to me today...my 2 weeks old nitro 7 did the same.... i disconnected the battery and plugged it in and now it seems to be charging. i hope this will not happen again. thanks for your advice guys!
  • jocsteban
    jocsteban Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    Options
    ORIGINAL
    Tuve el mismo problema y luego de ver en internet varios casos, veo que no hay solución alguna. Nunca me pasó. Incluso se me apaga la computadora cuando estoy escribiendo esto jajajaja. Muy mala experiencia con Acer, no lo recomiendo para nada.
    TRANSLATED

I had the same problem and after seeing several cases on the internet, I see that there is no solution. It never happened to me. Even my computer turns off when I'm writing this hahahaha. Very bad experience with Acer, I do not recommend it at all.

Edited the content by translating from Spanish to English

Acer-Samuel

• adc777
    adc777 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Unfortunately after 2 days after I "fixed" the battery charging problem, it happened again. This is so frustrating. This is my first ever Acer laptop and the experience is horrifying. Acer please address this problem. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try updating the bios: 
    BIOS 1.Update PMC FW to fix +VCC_CORE can't power on. Data: 2020/03/13 Version: 1.27 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 7.7 MB Download 
    BIOS 1. Add panel LP156WFC-SPD5 support. 2. Add newPanasonic battery. Data: 2020/03/02 Version: 1.25 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 7.7 MB Download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Brazilrome
    Options
    Unfortunately mine fix work too only couple days, after that it’s happened again. I contact Acer and first they send me new charger, they think problem is bad power supply. Even that the laptop is not charging. I contact Acer again and yesterday send my laptop repair from them. Let se what happend... 
  • JWA1979
    JWA1979 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I decided to contact Acer again, for the third time, about my laptop failing to charge the battery, even after I received it back from Acer from the first repair. The first time I sent it in for repair, Acer told me they couldn’t find any issues and delivered my laptop back to me with a new charging adapter. At the time, Acer believed that the issue was because of a bad charging adapter. Once the problem kept happening even with the new charging adapter, I contacted Acer again, for the second time. They only wanted to send me out another new charging adapter, and told me to contact them if the second new charging adapter failed to fix the issue. It didn’t resolve the issue. Upon contacting Acer again for the third time, I explained in detail that the only temporary fix to the charging issue was to unplug/plug the battery from the motherboard. I also explained to them that many people are having the same issue with this model laptop. Acer decided to open my repair ticket again and ask me to ship my laptop to them. I noticed this week that the repair had been completed and that my laptop is being shipped back to me. I called Acer yesterday to find out what kind of repairs were performed. They told me that they had to replace the main board (motherboard). I’ll work with it for a while and let everyone know if the repair fixed the issue. Hopefully so. 
  • Brazilrome
    Options
    Today i get message to Acer that my laptop is fix and they send it back to me. I ask what they do the laptop. They answer that they change the battery and update BIOS. Let see and hope it works now. I let you know when i get laptop back.
    Inresting part is that, before i send it Acer, i update the Bios and it doesn't do any good. Let see.
  • kuzzy00
    kuzzy00 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Any updates from you guys?