Nitro 7 overheating

Obadaa135
Obadaa135 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello guys, today I bought a new Nitro 7 Laptop, that has Intel core I7 9th gen, and GTX 1660 ti, I have installed star wars battlefront 2 and started to play, a few minutes later the laptop got over 90 C degrees, I tried to use the booster mode but nothing seems to be changed, can someone please tell me what to do in that situation? cause I don't wanna lose it especially that it is exactly what I have been looking for 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Obadaa135
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Obadaa135
    There are few options to solve overheating like undervolting or applying thermal paste.
    so if you want to try those you can check the below link which would be helpful
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/515940/helios-300-cpu-undervolting
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/548081/undervolting-my-acer-predator-helios-300-both-cpu-and-gpu

Thermal paste Tips:
    Apply as little thermal paste as possible on the CPU die, just enough to cover the CPU die with a thin layer. With MX-4 I suggest you to use the pea method(apply a little drop of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU die and please heatsink on top. Apply little pressure on the heatsink, which will spread the thermal paste around the die), as it works best for this thermal paste. When repasting with kryonaut, follow the guide that comes with the thermal paste, again you want to apply as little as possible.

• Obadaa135
    Obadaa135 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Jack22 thank you so much for your reply honesty I didn't expect a really fast and practical answer, but I still have one last question if I may, is it possible to apply a thermal paste on a cpu that is in side of a laptop? and if so, how can I apply it carefully without damaging the laptop? 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    It's pretty easy follow the steps in this video for repasting a Nitro 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA&t=24s

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2019
    Obadaa135 said:
    Hello guys, today I bought a new Nitro 7 Laptop, that has Intel core I7 9th gen, and GTX 1660 ti, I have installed star wars battlefront 2 and started to play, a few minutes later the laptop got over 90 C degrees, I tried to use the booster mode but nothing seems to be changed, can someone please tell me what to do in that situation? cause I don't wanna lose it especially that it is exactly what I have been looking for 
    I have a same laptop with 9300H and 1660ti . My temps went upto 92C for CPU and 80C for GPU which caused CPU to throttle at 3.2ghz . Later I repaste the CPU with Liquid metal and GPU with normal ARTIC SILVER 5 . Now my temps are 85C max for CPU and 79C max for GPU with no thermal/CPU throttling 4ghz . And the Prochot for this laptop is set to 92C by ACER so if the CPU goes to max 92C it will start throttling .
  • HeyItsTheStig
    HeyItsTheStig Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just bought the Acer Nitro 7 laptop, and mine is Intel Core I5??? Also my Laptop is 80+ degrees when I'm casually browsing online, when I'm gaming my whole apartment is a freaking sauna ...very dissapointed in this product
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Get a good notebook cooler pad and repaste gpu, cpu and clean fans, this has worked for me for years! You can also go to extremes like use aluminium self adhesive heatsinks, which I've also done and all this has reduced temps by about 15c deg.
  • HeyItsTheStig
    HeyItsTheStig Member Posts: 2 New User
    It is new? I bought this like a week ago, no way it's supposed to be so hot?? This pc is working way to hard to run youtube.. And it's intel core i5 9th gen and geforce gtx 1650... If this is normal I'm very dissapointed
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    It is new? I bought this like a week ago, no way it's supposed to be so hot?? This pc is working way to hard to run youtube.. And it's intel core i5 9th gen and geforce gtx 1650... If this is normal I'm very dissapointed

Please start a new Topic for your question, this one is marked SOLVED. You will get a far better response with your own topic

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nerkzys
    Nerkzys Member Posts: 1 New User
    my new nitro 7 is getting 96c how do i repaste or just cool it down
  • IceBaiz
    IceBaiz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the exact same issue! The laptop is new and already it gets really hot when doing simple things. Have you figured anything out?
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,076 Pathfinder
    IceBaiz said:
    I'm having the exact same issue! The laptop is new and already it gets really hot when doing simple things. Have you figured anything out?
    Start your own new topic
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • LordGainford
    LordGainford Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same issue for us, getting close to 100 C for CPU, throttling in games and eventually would blue screen from overheating. 

What we did to fix our issue:

The fans in this laptop get very blocked up with dust so it needs to constantly be opened up and blown out. Also best to have the laptop on a stand with external keyboard when gaming so fans can properly breathe.
    We also did a thermal repaste. Both of these helped bring the heat down a bit but still was hitting 95C

What eventually fixed the problem for us is that in Acer Nitro there is a new setting called Power Saving mode. Once we put it to that setting it brought the heat way down to acceptable levels.