The CPU slow down from 3,9 Ghz to 1Ghz each 3 seconds - Acer nitro 5

ElAguaterIN
ElAguaterIN Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I've recently bought an Acer nitro 5 from the Acer renewed store of Amazon, its like new, i58300h gtx 1050ti 8gb ram 256gb ssd. I installed fortnite and including in the lobby I can't play 10 seconds without hear a beep sound of the laptop, immediately before of that the processor slow down from 3,9Ghz to 1Ghz. It's annoying because happen including in the lobby, in low graphics, and the temperature of CPU is always under 70°, and the same to the GPU. I don't know what to do, I tried to undervolt -0,0140V with Intel xtu but the processor still running at 3,9Ghz. Please help! Bios, drivers and gpu drivers are all the last version...

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,442 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Power options and check whether you are on Balanced plan, if so switch to High performance plan and see whether it helps.

• ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

I tried and any changes
  • brummyfan2
    I tried and any changes
    Sorry, did you say no change.
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

Yes, sorry! No changes
  • brummyfan2
    OK, go  to Device manager, expand Processors, highlight and right click the CPU, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall it, do that for all of them and restart and let windows install the driver.

• ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

Thanks bro! As soon as I try I will tell you if I could fix it!
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

The problem still bro, I uninstalled all of them and restarted the laptop with the last one, the laptop restarted very fast, and I don't see a process of installation of the new one, but look at this image , the problem still , this is from Intel xtu
  • brummyfan2
    Go to start and type run, then type msconfig, go to Boot tab and click Advanced options, do you see the box for Number of Processors, if so untick the box and restart the laptop.

• brummyfan2
    By the way, what happens when you uninstall Intel xtu, I would suggest you to uninstall Intel XTU and try with Windows Power options.
  • What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

Go to start and type run, then type msconfig, go to Boot tab and click Advanced options, do you see the box for Number of Processors, if so untick the box and restart the laptop.

Ok! I will try both! This and the one of uninstalling Intel xtu
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    The exactly model is AN515-53-55G9
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

This is what happens when I open fortnite, now I will try with your tips
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

This one was already unticked!
  • brummyfan2
    edited October 2019
    Hi,
    Go to Power options and check whether Maximum  Processor State is at 100% like in the snip.

EDIT:
    If no joy, please try undervolting guide by @Red-Sand from this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549797/2018-helios-300-throttling-issues
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Go to Power options and check whether Maximum  Processor State is at 100% like in the snip.

• brummyfan2
    Please read my edited post and go to that link mentioned in it.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• If updating drivers doesn't work, try updating windows and uefi-bios firmware as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ElAguaterIN

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you
    Every time I play Fortnite I conect the charger, but it doesn´t reach´s 100% because from 84% it says "Plugged in but not charguing", how do I to fix it?