My laptop Acer keeps shutdown if i don't press any key why? - aspire 5 A515-51G

Options
Prits
Prits Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop Acer aspire 5 A515-51G keeps shutdown if i don't press any key, and after shutdown if i press any key it will automatically switched on, 
I have tried the power option, 
Turn off hybrid sleep option, 
Reinstall windows, 
I don't know how but one time this problem has solved when i reinstall windows,
I think my laptop is not shutting down, i had tried all the options i can think off, whenever i press any key it will turn on, it's like it is in sleep, 
Please help me if any one have the solution

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is a keyboard problem. Is your notebook still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Prits

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, but once it's get automatically resolved when i reinstall windows everything is working fine, so i thought it is some driver issue or software issue
  • Prits

Tinkerer

Options
    After turning on by pressing any key, i had to press a key to stay the laptop on, if i don't press any key just in 2 to 3 sec screen goes out, again pressing any key it's start booting...
    Is it some kind of driver problem? Because my laptop is working fine if i work with one key pressed on my keyboard 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AbhinavHebbar
    AbhinavHebbar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @Prits, I have the same problem, how did you resolve it?
  • mgmurmu
    mgmurmu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem. Any solution yet?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shreyas111
    Shreyas111 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So 6 months back few keys were not working so i had my keyboard replaced under warranty and worked fine until now i have to keep holding keys to turn ON the laptop and when i release the key the laptop turns OFF (Power key not responding when its OFF but works when its ON)
    Help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Anshika
    Anshika Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I ve same problem with same model of laptop, please suggest me how ur problems solved.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Anshika Is your notebook under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Heng3908
    Heng3908 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I tried many methods but failed. In the end I used a toothpick to solved it.
  • Heng3908
    Heng3908 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ... followed by a PC reset which took several hours to complete. Problem solved. No need toothpick anymore
  • stephen7611
    stephen7611 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I tried to reset pc  through recovery in settings and kept my laptop awake by holding on to caps lock key ...its sucessfully booted up but still i had to keep pressing one key in order to keep it turned on..PLEASE HELP
  • stephen7611
    Options
    If it is a keyboard issue. then why every key is working fine. i had a keyboard issue 1 year ago but they replaced it with a new one and this one is working fine
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• stephen7611
    Options
    That post saying that its a keyboard problem..so I had to replace my keyboard for the fifth time in the past 2 years? Also that post suggesting that nomatter how many times you replace the keyboard it will only work for few days or weeks
  • Problematic178
    Problematic178 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem....need to press any key in order for the laptop to stay on. Tried resetting windows. Doesn't work. Any solutions? 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Problematic178,

May I know the full model name of your unit.