My laptop Acer keeps shutdown if i don't press any key why? - aspire 5 A515-51G

Options
2»

Answers

• Username83
    Username83 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Same issue. It just started last week and I thought it was a MB problem but just by luck I discovered it stayed running if a key was held down. This laptop is a Aspire A517-51G-52RE and 2.5 years old. Out of warranty.
  • Username83
    Username83 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    Options
    I am using the toothpick trick for now. I have a new KB on order to replace the one I have. Not happy to have to do this. 
  • Eizensenpai
    Eizensenpai Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My acer laptop Acer A515 with ryzen 5 3500u processor automatically shuts down,if i dont press any keyboard key for about 2-3 seconds, thats means to stay laptop awake i need to keep pressing any key, also it starts up upon pressing any key ,, and it is out of warranty period, pl suggest solution....
  • EZIOKITTU
    EZIOKITTU Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Prits said:
    My laptop Acer aspire 5 A515-51G keeps shutdown if i don't press any key, and after shutdown if i press any key it will automatically switched on, 
    I have tried the power option, 
    Turn off hybrid sleep option, 
    Reinstall windows, 
    I don't know how but one time this problem has solved when i reinstall windows,
    I think my laptop is not shutting down, i had tried all the options i can think off, whenever i press any key it will turn on, it's like it is in sleep, 
    Please help me if any one have the solution

//Edited the content to add model name.

I have the same problem.
    My laptop stays on as long as the buttons in the keyboard are pressed every 0.5 - 1.5 seconds. And not doing so, my laptop switches off. Even if I mange to turn the laptop off, it again switches on if any button on keyboard is pressed other than the power button.

my laptop model is Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54

This same problem occurred once within warranty period and when I went to the service center, my laptop was working as usual magically. Almost 5 months since then and the problem is back. It is really frustrating

NEED HELP