Helios 500 AMD (PH517-61-R0GX) Graphics Drivers

Options

Answers

• Gabor
    Gabor Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Dear Whitebunnyflock! I just followed the same steps that  otori0rao showed in his comment. Maybe try first with the reset-all.exe in cru folder and after try again. If it will not help in that case check in the device manager your monitor shows the generic pnp monitor if not uninstall the monitors driver first and try again. These things that i can suggest to you to get freesync enabled
  • whitebunnyflock
    whitebunnyflock Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi Gabor! I also am curious as to how you dealt with the drivers. Did you have a driver already installed or did you wipe them? If so what driver did you have before the 2020 driver?
  • Gabor

Tinkerer

Options
    Dear Whitebunnyflock!I tryed 2020 drivers but only 20q1 and 19.5.2 came back from sleep properly on my Computer. I used DDU all the time to remove the previous drivers from my computer. I tried 2020, 20.1.4, 20.2.1 but none of them could handle with the sleep problem.
  • whitebunnyflock
    Options
    Gabor I can’t seem to find this 20q1 driver on the AMD support site. Can you provide me some detail as to where I can find it?
  • bobzdar
    bobzdar Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    It really seems as though Acer has abandoned all support of this model.  Kind of unfortunate as it has a ton of potential.  I'm running 19.9.3 and just switched to hibernate instead of sleep and it all works.  Kind of a pita, especially when windows decides to update my display drivers for me and I have to roll them back.  I briefly tried the later 2020 drivers but I had all kinds of weird downclocking issues and I could no longer unlock o/c limits with afterburner and force min p-state in the drivers.  If Acer just kept up with display drivers and bios updates this thing would really rock.
  • LennartF
    LennartF Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Is 19.6.3 supposed to be working for everyone? I have that one right now and it has freesync and sleep seems working 
  • Schnorblitz
    Schnorblitz Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    Options

I'm on 20.1.4 and the Radeon software isn't seeing any further updates.

The software says Freesync is enabled but I dunno about sleep mode, I changed it to hibernate when I first got the laptop and have never had a problem
  • Gabor

Tinkerer

Options
    Dear Whitebunnyflock!You can find very easy just select the rx 56 and there will be a third driver in Windows 10 section! This driver mostly for video editors and CAD users so you will not get perfect performance for your computer but it can resolve the sleep bug.

• LennartF
    Options
    So u mean if people is using Enterprise driver then the sleep issue resolves ?
    Have u been testing this ?
  • Gabor

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes I tested and the sleep works correctly! the only problem that i figured out the Radeon chill can cause Control panel freeze when I chose the max FPS under 100 fps.
  • whitebunnyflock
    Options
    just to let everyone know I also tested 20.2.2 and same result: no freesync toggle. I tried two ways and under both i booted into safe mode to DDU the drivers. I did a full clean install of 20.2.2 in one instance. and in the second instance i installed the acer 17.12 driver first, deselected the factory reset on 20.2.2 and i still had no freesync toggle.

also went to amd.com/report and filed yet another useless bug report...... under the laptop selection they don't seem to know this laptop exists... big surprise lol
  • whitebunnyflock
    Options
    Gabor said:
    Dear Whitebunnyflock!You can find very easy just select the rx 56 and there will be a third driver in Windows 10 section! This driver mostly for video editors and CAD users so you will not get perfect performance for your computer but it can resolve the sleep bug.

Thanks Gabor, this driver is great and runs my games well also. Appreciate all the help with it!
  • LennartF
    Options
    I did just test that driver for Enterprise but freesync is not working
  • whitebunnyflock
    Options
    LennartF said:
    I did just test that driver for Enterprise but freesync is not working
    Did you install the driver from the Acer website first?
  • LennartF
    Options
    Yes I had that before
    But I thought this driver was supposed to work with a clean install so I did use the clean up utility from amd first to make a fresh install. But freesync didn't work so temporary I'm back on the old 19.6.3 that works until I know how to get the Enterprise driver to work .
  • LennartF
    Options
    Or do I need to get Enterprise windows 10 ?

• whitebunnyflock
    Options
    LennartF said:
    Or do I need to get Enterprise windows 10 ?

I have Windows home so you don’t need that. Just clean off whatever drivers you have right now (DDU if possible).  Load the Acer drivers. Then load the enterprise drivers but don’t make it a clean install
  • Borei
    Borei Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Options
    When you install newest drivers from AMD , you must keep in mind, that LCD matrix data updates in your system.
    To solve situation with 144Hz, you have to add information about supporting Freesync and 144hz

For example to use CRU program (v1.4.2)
    algorythm
    check your active monitors and choose for example  Lenovo display 1920x180 an etc..
    than go to "extention bars" and click add
    than go to "data blocks" and click add
    than choose "Freesync rage" and add 60-144Hz

Done!
    you solve your problem and system will use Freesync in new drivers

ORIGINAL
    И будет тебе счастье!

TRANSLATED
    And you will be happy!

Edited the content by translating from Russian to English
    Acer-Samuel

• Borei