Acer Spin 5 SP513-51-53FC dying after a factory reset

Rouge_River
Rouge_River Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Spin 5 SP513-51-53FC dying after a factory reset. last operation was I press F2 entered bios setup. load default then save and exit. after that the laptop no respond at all. when i press power button. power light on. plugin charger adapter, charger light on. but screen is off. no acer logo display.  this laptop had already out of warranty. anybody have the same problem? how to fix it? Thanks

Best Answer

• Rouge_River
    Answer ✓
    finally solve the problem by Getting BIOS/Firmware updates from Device Manager. Thank you for your help egydiocoelho

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @Rouge_River
    Did you try battery reset?
    Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rouge_River
    Jack22 said:
    @Rouge_River
    Did you try battery reset?
    Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

yes. I try battery reset. it doesn't fix the problem.
  • Rouge_River
    yes. I almost do the same thing. Reset battery with reset button, removed battery Removed ssd & ram.power on with adapter. power light on. cpu fan running.but still black screen.
  • Rouge_River
    seems bios fail. no screen initializing, no keyboard initializing...
  • Rouge_River
    edited September 2019
    add a Pic here
  • The photo is not available!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rouge_River
    hard to use this forum :'(
  • Have you checked if the image is displayed on an external monitor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rouge_River
    not doing this yet, This laptop only has a hdmi output. can I connect it to a hdtv?
  • Yes my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rouge_River
    Have you checked if the image is displayed on an external monitor?
    just try connected to hdtv. no displayed unfortunately. I found an used motherboard sale on ebay for us$150. I wonder if acer service center can rebuild the bios and how much it cost.   
  • I'm not sure if this problem is in the bios. You have already tried to disconnect the rtc battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rouge_River
    Because the last step was “bios” save and exit. I worry about it’s failure to save the correct data to bios eprom. Thanks for your help. I just fill in a repair request on Acer website.
  • Rouge_River
    yes. I almost do the same thing. Reset battery with reset button, removed battery. Removed hdd & Ram. All with the same result, black screen. 
  • Rouge_River
    edited September 2019
    Today acer service center reply my email requite a pre-authorized $474.99 for the standard fee for out of warranty repair of this model. almost half price of purchase a new one. so I have to thinking about repair it myself. after research I think the bios chip should be mx25l6473f. if I want reflash bios what kinds of tools i need? I found lots of choice of CH341A + SOIC8 clip+1.8V adapter + SOIC8 on ebay. I never do this before. i appreciate any help  

• Rouge_River
    I also hope acer can provide a reflash bios services. At least sell me a new motherboard for a reasonable price. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    I'm not sure if the problem is on the motherboard. If the problem occurred after clicking save when exiting bios, it is possible that the bootblock area, which allows bios recovery, is still intact. In this case, Acer may use recovery crisis to recover the bios. But this procedure must be done at a service center and cannot be posted here in the community.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rouge_River
    Just a update of my case. I purchased a ch341A programer reflash my bios chipset. now my laptop can turn on and run windows 10. I can only found a .bin bios file from internet and write it to the chipset. but the built date is on 2016 with is quit old. now the laptop's keyboard and touch screen not working. battery light keep blinding in yellow colour. i think is because of the wrong bios file.I try to extract file from the officer bios file .exe got the VIBI0114.fd file which is bigger than 8m. Can't write it into the chipset.  Can anyone help me find the newer bios bin file? 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer