Predator Helios 300 screen not turning on - PH325-51-78NP

Options

Answers

• Duckrey
    Duckrey Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options
    xapim said:
    Duckrey You have to choose don not keep files for a fresh install you will loose all data the drive will be formatted so i recommend you to backup whatever you need first when you do a factory reset should be always clean/fresh install not keep your files because those might be also causing issues
    Just reset my pc, choosed not keep my files, and I choosed "fully clean the drive". It took a while to reset. And then when it was installing windows, in the 2% it turned the screen black and started to only appear in the monitor. It automaticaly installed de version 1903. I thought it was going to install the windows with which the laptop came. How can I install a diferent windows to see if this is the problem?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell if the same problem occurs on another operating system, such as linux for example?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Duckrey
    Options
    How can I test that?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Duckrey said:
    xapim said:
    Duckrey You have to choose don not keep files for a fresh install you will loose all data the drive will be formatted so i recommend you to backup whatever you need first when you do a factory reset should be always clean/fresh install not keep your files because those might be also causing issues
    Just reset my pc, choosed not keep my files, and I choosed "fully clean the drive". It took a while to reset. And then when it was installing windows, in the 2% it turned the screen black and started to only appear in the monitor. It automaticaly installed de version 1903. I thought it was going to install the windows with which the laptop came. How can I install a diferent windows to see if this is the problem?
    Duckrey thats weird it shouldnt had installed 1903 because its brand new i dont think any laptops already come with it because its still buggy

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @xapim This happened to me too when I reinstalled windows using the alt + f10 command! In fact, I believe windows is already upgraded in the installation, or am I wrong? It's the only possibility I see, because my model came with the 1803 version!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    Options
    egydiocoelho Mine has 1703 from stock i upgraded to 1809 manually and this shouldnt happen because you are restoring the stock windows that came with you laptop stored on the Acer recovery partition unless 1903 has some option to not let it downgrade anymore (i dont see how unless windows writes on the bios itself or in the acer recovery partition once u upgrade to 1903 to upgrade automatically in case of stock recovery) again i find that really weird why is MS always screwing everything for everyone forcing everyone to do whatever they want not what the end user wants in this case i only see a solution to loose the stock recovery permanently and install a fresh windows from the version you want

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• Duckrey
    Options
    So what should I do to reset the laptop to the factory windows? Or how can I download and install a new one?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you press alt + f10, is there an "install older version" or similar option?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    Options
    In alt+f10 I choosed "reset this PC / Remove everything / Fully clean the drive" 
    The other advance options are system recovery image but I dont have a previous image, or system restore point but I dont have a point to restore previous windows 1903
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    That's probably not the problem, but have you ever been in the power options to prevent the display from being turned off? https://winaero.com/blog/change-turn-off-display-after-time-in-windows-10/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    Options
    Thats clearly not the problem
  • Duckrey
    Options
    I tried already but as you say, it doesnt truly restore my PC to original, so it doesnt fixed the problem
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try selecting the "extense these displays" option and then choose "make this my main display".

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    Options
    Duckrey said:
    This are the Display setting when I plug the external TV. The Display 1 (laptop) is black and I can´t choose any resolution.
    And no matter what project setting I choose (duplicate, extend, monitor 1), always turn automatically to "Show only on 2".

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you enable the Intel video card and disable the nvidia video card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    Options
    What happens when you enable the Intel video card and disable the nvidia video card?
    Nothing works, neither the laptop screen or the monitor screen. I had to enter to safe mode so I can enable the nvidia card again to at least use the externar monitor.
    If I do the opposite, enable nvidia and disable the intel, both laptop and monitor works, but with a bad performance.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This user has exactly the same model as yours: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/704265#Comment_704265
    Make sure that the versions of the nvidia drivers are identical to this one:

Windows 10 version 1803:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    Options
    How can I go back to windows 1803? I fully reset the PC and automatically installed 1903
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Duckrey

There's only two ways to return your computer to factory condition.

1. Use the USB recovery drive that you created with the  Acer Care Center app the very first day you turned on your computer.  It sounds like you forgot to do that.  Since your computer has received multiple updates from Microsoft, Microsoft won't allow you to go back to 1803 using the Alt+F10 reset function.

2. Contact Acer in your region and ask them how to get factory USB recovery media.

However, you can install an older vanilla Windows 10 (e.g. 1803), but it won't contain the OEM software and it won't contain the drivers. You have to download the drivers from Acers website.

1. Backup your important personal files.
    2.  Create a USB recovery drive with Acer Care Center and then put it in a safe place
    https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38145/~/windows-10%3A-create-a-usb-recovery-drive-using-acer-care-center
    3. Use rufus to create USB drive with the older 1803 iso

Use these rufus settings:
    GPT
    UEFI (non-CSM)
    FAT32

Here is the guide to create vanilla Windows 10 1803

https://pureinfotech.com/download-older-iso-windows-10/

4.  If you don't know how to clean install vanilla Windows 10, just ask or start a new topic and I'm sure someone will help you....good luck

Important Note:

Don't forget to create a USB recovery drive using the Acer Care Center app before attempting anything above. (See youtube video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-weclZqWX4

Note2:  If you still have problems after using 1803 and original drivers, then the only thing I can suggest is to take to a computer repair shop and have them reset your UEFI using the jumper or temporarily removing the CMOS battery.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Duckrey
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I´ve just install windows from a portable USB, deleting everything, even all the Acer apps like predator sense and stuff  :/
    And during the installation it was the first time I saw the initial set up on the laptop, it was working fine, not like the last time that even in the installation of windows I couln´t see the screen. But when I open the device manager, all the drivers were missing, I put to update the nvidia and everything fine. When I update the intel graphics. BLACK SCREEN again. So everything was in vain.
    I don`t think that 1803 is the solution because when I bought it it has that version and didnt work well.