Predator Helios 300 screen not turning on - PH325-51-78NP

Duckrey
Duckrey Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone, my Helios 300 one year old turns on normally, the backlit keyboard turns red, but the screen doesnt.
When I power on, the logo appears, but then black screen forever. I can use an external monitor fine. And in safe mode I can see the display correctly.
I tried all these things: 

• Batery Pin hole reset
  • Clean Ram pins
  • Update Windows latest 1903
  • Update Intel Graphics driver 630  to latest
  • Update Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060   to latest
  • disable fast start
  • Update to BIOS 1.26
  • Acer System Firmware 1.26    3/27/2019  Insyde 5.22.1.26
  • Intel SSD Version: 3.5.11 (Latest) Date: 5/21/2019

When I disable the Intel Graphics driver with the device manager, the display appears, but I can´t use the laptop that way because it becomes really slow and laggie. 
It´s been a month like this and I can´t work it out. Please help! @egydiocoelho

Answers

• Hello! Does the Acer logo appear on the notebook display? Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Duckrey
    edited July 2019
    The model is PH325-51-78NP
    Yes, the predator logo appears at start on the notebook display. Then it turns black and automatically display in the external monitor if its plugged in.
  • Also, when you uninstall and delete the intel video driver, does the problem remain? Once you have done this, restart the notebook and let windows download the appropriate driver:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Duckrey
    Resetting the battery was the first thing I tried (first bullet on the list), several times, presing long time and letting rest for even more. 
    When I uninstall the intel driver the laptop works fine, but inmediately when windows install the proper driver it turn black again.
  • Duckrey
    edited July 2019
    Also I tried with all these diferent versions of Intel graphics 630 drivers:
    • 26.20.100.6912 (latest)
    And several versions of the NVIDIA drivers.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    Just tried your driver and no luck
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    Duckrey What about going back to acer stock windows one of the reasons i will never update windows its because in every update they screw up everything and the new 1903 seems to be screwing everything everywhere i disabled my updates permanently when i updated from 1703 to 1809 (out of the box but i can still revert if i want to) never updated anything again and never had one single issue for almost 17 months now since one advice is just because its newer (drivers/windows) doenst mean its better 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Duckrey
    I already had this issue before the update 1903 was even released. And last week I reseted the pc, choosing the option keeping the files, and still the black screen appears.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    Duckrey You have to choose don not keep files for a fresh install you will loose all data the drive will be formatted so i recommend you to backup whatever you need first when you do a factory reset should be always clean/fresh install not keep your files because those might be also causing issues

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    The 10 steps below are from Intel.  They were written to ensure that you don't have any conflict with old legacy driver and DCH driver.

The latest driver is in link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Duckrey
    I followed every step, making sure that "Microsoft Basic Display adapter" was listed in the device manager and with no internet, installed the lastest version. During the instalation, close to the end, the laptop made the classic sound when something is plug in (like a mouse or a pendrive) and inmediately turns black.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Ok, you can try @xapim suggestion above.  But honestly, I don't think it will truly restore your PC to the true original factory condition.  But definitely won't hurt to give his suggestion a try.  Backup your files first.

Order your original Acer recovery media from Acer.  That way you're assured to get factory OS version, factory drivers, and a clean fresh start.

https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Duckrey
    I´m not from the USA and can´t affort 45U$S for a try that doesnt assure me that will work.
  • Actually, what the xapim colleague suggested, is that you try to reinstall windows 10 by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo! That way, we'll know if it solves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    There are a couple of things that might be going wrong in my opinion. The screen may have gone bad, the backlight may have gone bad or the driver parameters are hosed and it's trying to display something in a weird resolution. Since you say you do have the screen up in Safe Mode that pretty much negates the first two. Try this, bring it up on the external monitor and use the Windows-P key combo to set the screens to duplicate. Do you get the display back then? If so you just need to reset it's default resolution to the suggested.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Duckrey
    edited July 2019
    This are the Display setting when I plug the external TV. The Display 1 (laptop) is black and I can´t choose any resolution.
    And no matter what project setting I choose (duplicate, extend, monitor 1), always turn automatically to "Show only on 2".

• I think this characterizes some problem with the intel driver, or just the second screen is turned on as reported by fellow billsey! What happens when you select this option:
    Resultado de imagem para first display windows 10 windows p
    If that works, accept Mr. Billsey's answer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Duckrey
    No, it doesnt work that, No matter what I choose it turns to Second screen only. 
  • So it is very likely that there is a problem with the drivers! If it was a hardware problem, this problem would occur in bios and also in safe mode!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer