Predator Triton 700 touch pad is not working after installing 1903 version of windows.

Options

Answers

• AdamsFrank
    AdamsFrank Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @egydiocoelho there is no upper and lower filters
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked those subkeys?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Also, what happens when you press fn + f7 to turn the touchpad on and off?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    AdamsFrank looking at what was already tried at this thread and nothing worked personally i would send it back for warranty repair (if still on warranty) if not take it to a repair shop and ask them to check it and give you a quote as this starts to seem a hardware issue to me as most of the software fixes were already tried by @egydiocoelho

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• AdamsFrank
    Options
    @egydiocoelho nothing happened in fn+f7
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not think it's a hardware problem @xapim! The problem occurred after upgrading from windows to version 1903! I think it still can try to use the alt + f10 command to reinstall the original windows 10! We have not yet tried this option @AdamsFrank!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AdamsFrank
    Options
    @egydiocoelho
    I tried reset and install older version too .nothing changed
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Could you verify that the same problem occurs when you use a live ubuntu distribution? It is not necessary to install linux, but you can check if the same problem occurs in another operating system!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AdamsFrank
    Options
    @egydiocoelho
    how to install ubuntu? when I reinstall older windows version mouse pad is not working in installation process to
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do it:
    First convert the pendrive to gpt like this:

Extract the iso to the USB stick or USB stick and restart the notebook!
    Then create a password in setsupervisorpassword in uefi and disable secureboot! Also activate the f12 boot menu function and press f10 to save when exiting. Once you exit uefi, press f12 and select the pendrive with ubuntu. It will appear an option in which you can test ubuntu using the USB stick or stick and choose this option! Make sure the touchpad works!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Were you able to solve the problem with the touchpad?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AdamsFrank
    Options
    @egydiocoelho I ordered new touch pad I will tell you when it got fixed
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The problem has been fixed @AdamsFrank?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    In that 1st page picture of your Device Manager showing an exclamation sign, what was the error? I too had similar problem after upgrading to 1809 from 1803 and then I updated the driver by selecting "Search automatically online" in device manager. That installed some newer version and every gesture worked for me for the 1st time since I got this Predator notebook.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • AdamsFrank
    Options
    @XdxD
    the error is
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    A request for the HID descriptor failed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did this happen again, even replacing the touchpad?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AdamsFrank
    Options
    @egydiocoelho
    i didn't replace yet waiting for the part
  • XdxD
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I know you might find it silly but would you mind installing the touchpad driver from Acer site again? My touchpad's Hardware ID has ELAN mentioned while that is not the case for your ID.
  • XdxD
    Options
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/704204/#Comment_704204
    Try this but with the driver of your PC model once.