Acer predator triton 500 62 to 68 degree celcius during idle

marcushdjdjs
marcushdjdjs Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Recently i bought a predator triton 500 however when i open the predator sense, the cpu temp is 62 degree to 68 degree while idle is it normal? And the fan crank very loud and sometimes silent simultaneously while i am just browising the internet. is it normal or because i Install the latest windows update?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,451 Trailblazer
    Yes, very normal as shown by the specs below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• marcushdjdjs
    But then when i charge my laptop while using the temp goes to 48 to 70 degree while idle is it normal? and the cpu temp keeps going up and down simultaneously. Is it normal?
  • The temperature may increase depending on the shape you are using the notebook! I suggest you put the notebook in balanced power mode. That way, you will see that the temperature will decrease!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • marcushdjdjs
    Yes i do placed my laptop on a flat surface and there is no obstacle covering the air vent but why when my laptop is on idle(no program is running) the fan suddenly becomes noisy and after a few minute, the rpm of the fan decreases then after sometime it increases again(btw I did not open any program during this period of time) and when i turn on my laptop while plugged in the fan starts cranking up quite loud i would say for a few minutes, after that, the rpm decreases again. May I know is it because of the windows update version 1809 that I have installed causing this problem?
  • Not! What I meant is that you put the power plan of windows in balanced mode! About the fact that the notebook is still activating the fans, have you checked here if there is any program using the nvidia video card?

Can you tell the exact model of your notebook? Example pt-515-51-783a
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • marcushdjdjs
    I don’t know my exact model for now since the laptop is not with me right now but it is a Acer predator triton 500 i5 8300H 16 gb ram rtx2060 512gb Ssd and yes I did checked the activity of the graphic card it states that the graphic card is free of use(no app is using the video card)
  • marcushdjdjs
    But I still have no idea why the fan crank up randomly while idling feels weird right
  • Are you a fan of the processor or video card that randomly accelerates? There is firmware available on the Acer website for the rtx2060 card: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7905?b=1
    Have you tried updating drivers on intel and nvidia websites?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marcushdjdjs
    Sorry but do u have a English version for it I couldn’t understand Brazil 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you check which version of windows is installed, here?
    Resultado de imagem para version windows 10

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marcushdjdjs
    But I have no idea which to download
  • marcushdjdjs
    There is so many categories can u help me out with it please?
  • I would like to know first the version of windows that is installed on your notebook? It is possible that the windows update is causing this problem! Firmware upgrade should only be done when you really need it, because of the risk of damaging the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marcushdjdjs
    This is the windows version I had installed
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marcushdjdjs
    Bro it is still the same bro i have tried install all driver updates but still the same. When I restart my PC the fan crank up like crazy after few minutes only the fan rpm decreases. And btw I forgot to mention that this only happens when i plug my laptop with the power out let if i did not plug in it wont happen something like this and is it because the power outlet i plugged in is not a wall plug but rather an extension cord?
  • I suggest you restore the notebook by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo and make sure the fans still randomly increase their speed. We recommend that you back up the files as a precaution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,451 Trailblazer
    Your laptop seems to be behaving normally. Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft antimalware. Temperatures going up with charger plugged in is also normal when Control Panel power plan is set to Performance mode which you can set to Balanced (recommended) as noted earlier or PowerSaver to reduce fan speed and heat if you so desire. If you're not happy with how this particular model behaves, I suggest that you return it to the vendor/seller for an exchange or refund ASAP before the vendor's RMA return policy period expires. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• marcushdjdjs
    But do u think there is any chance my windows version 1809 is the one that cause this problem?