Static sound Acer Swift 3 - Ongoing Issues remain unresolved...Just want some support

124»

Answers

• Elbereth
    Elbereth Member Posts: 48 Troubleshooter
    @JackE ...i disabled fast startup and unfortunately it has made no difference.  So, as it stands, the only relief i get from the grating static sound is if i alter the 16 bit setting every time i log in, even then it still occurs when i lift the lid of my laptop, when entering my pin number, and when i sign out. I suppose this is the best i'm going to get.  Thank you for your time and patience.  Still extremely disappointed with Acer, as i said when i have the time and energy i will ring them again, far too stressful.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Has this particular machine actually had warranty service for this issue? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    Elbereth Member Posts: 48 Troubleshooter
    @JackE ...not this particular machine, this is a replacement for exact same model which did go in for repair of this issue to Acer Store UK where i purchased it from, the issue was identified but not diagnosed, i was told that i would receive an update to help in dealing with the problem, so emailed Acer Store UK but they haven't replied. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>i was told that i would receive an update to help in dealing with the problem, so emailed Acer Store UK but they haven't replied.>>>

So email them again. Do so every few days if necessary. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ