Static sound Acer Swift 3 - Ongoing Issues remain unresolved...Just want some support

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    OK. Now download and try DriverBooster freeware to see if it finds a better audio match. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    Elbereth Member Posts: 48 Troubleshooter
    @JackE ...okay so I followed your link and completed the free download.  I now have a black box entitled 'Driver Booster 6.4' at the top of it is a large orange circle with a white exclamation mark, at the side of that it says 'Attention! 35 outdated device drivers' then beneath that is a whole list of stuff.  Where to now..?
  • JackE
    Can you post a screenshot? You're looking for updated audio device drivers right now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE … this is what I have...
  • JackE
    Don't see any audio drivers there yet. Doesn't scrolling down the list reveal more? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE … this is in the outdated section...…...
  • Elbereth
    @JackE … when I scroll down this is in the up to date section...
  • JackE
    edited May 2019
    OK. Can you confirm that the current 'outdated' Realtek drivers are as stated in Device Manager 'sound, video, game controller' folder? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE ….here...?
  • JackE
    Yes, but you must right click on each audio sound device, then click properties, to access a box that will yield a driver tab for the version number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE ...sample 1 ….
  • Elbereth
    @JackE ...Sample 2 ….

• Elbereth
    @JackE ...Sample3

• JackE
    OK. Instead updating right now, try temporarily disabling the Intel Smart Sound (SST) driver. It may be interfering with the Realtek SST or vice versa. It may take a minute or so to take effect. Then test the sound output again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE ...okay, will I need to restart laptop...?
  • JackE
    Yes. Probably best to do so. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE ….so I disabled the Intel Smart Sound (SST) driver and restarted laptop.  The static crackling sound persists...?
  • JackE
    OK. Then re-enable the Intel SST and disable the Realtek SST. Try re-booting and testing it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elbereth
    @JackE ...as instructed I disabled 'Realtek High Definition Audio (Intel SST)' and there is no static crackling, which of course doesn't resolve the issue as i'm now without sound completely so what now..?
  • JackE
    OK. Re-enable all the audio stuff again. The press WIN+R keys. Enter 'winver'. What Win10 version numbers are shown? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ