BSOD Kernel mode heap corruption during stream

AlexWU
AlexWU Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I changed my computer for streaming, due to restriction on my budget I can only get a computer with GTX1060, i5-8300H and 16gb ram. However, the BSOD nightmare then started. At first i thought it was overheat problem and after I turned off power boost of WIndows I managed to keep the temperature very low that the problem seems to solved but reappear again. I tried to reinstall window, the problem seemed solved but reappear again in the past two days which is very frustrating. Please help me find out the problem I really want to stream without BSOD. 

This is the link to the minidump file:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApIRZ7e-u7SKmE-yhwZCJDalPzDn

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,735 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    What error does it say on the BSOD screen? Tell details of any things like undervolting and such that you may have done.
    On a side note, attaching dump file is good, but not everyone would have the tools to read it (includes me too :anguished:).
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    I had the same issue with some games (nfs payback, DAI etc...) on mine the only thing i did was after i upgraded my memory and ssd i increased the windows virtual memory to 10gb never had it again dunno if it was related or not as i can't be sure

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    What error does it say on the BSOD screen? Tell details of any things like undervolting and such that you may have done.
    On a side note, attaching dump file is good, but not everyone would have the tools to read it (includes me too :anguished:).
    Yeah it said Kernel mode heap corruption. I only turn the maximum cpu usage to 99% to prevent the activation of power boost as it helps to reduce the temperature. For undervolting i did that before but i would reset everytime i got bsod so after the first reappearance of bsod on the day before yesterday i didnt undervolt again yet it still has bsod 😢

for the dump file actually i dont hv tools to read too but i saw many people would attach it so i do so to provide more info🙈
  • AlexWU
    xapim said:
    I had the same issue with some games (nfs payback, DAI etc...) on mine the only thing i did was after i upgraded my memory and ssd i increased the windows virtual memory to 10gb never had it again dunno if it was related or not as i can't be sure
    I am not sure wt is the problem now while i really dont get a budget right now(thats why i didnt get an i7-8th gen at first🤦🏻‍♂️) so i guess i would like to see if there are some software or setting issue before i try to solve it in a hardware perspective
  • sri369
    AlexWU said:
    Yeah it said Kernel mode heap corruption. I only turn the maximum cpu usage to 99% to prevent the activation of power boost as it helps to reduce the temperature. For undervolting i did that before but i would reset everytime i got bsod so after the first reappearance of bsod on the day before yesterday i didnt undervolt again yet it still has bsod 😢

for the dump file actually i dont hv tools to read too but i saw many people would attach it so i do so to provide more info🙈
    Couple of things you can do: follow the links in my signature to actually under volt instead of reducing performance of CPU by restricting it to 99%. It helps in under volting both CPU and GPU.

Also, create a new power plan out of "balanced" or a new one, and customize it to suit your needs. The default "high performance" plan of windows 10 only helps in killing the system sooner (also making it run hotter).

BSOD could also be caused my bad drivers. Try removing and installing (clean install) of drivers from Acer site. Also make sure to disable the option that allows driver updating via windows updates.

Instead of (or along with) dump file, it would have been nicer if you took a photo of the BSOD screen or noted the error it shows. Many people, including me, can try to comprehend what might be the potential issue based off the error it displays.

Resetting windows will not work. It might offer temporary reprieve but then it would soon get back to its failing state again once it starts loading updates and what not. So this actually is not a good option.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:

Couple of things you can do: follow the links in my signature to actually under volt instead of reducing performance of CPU by restricting it to 99%. It helps in under volting both CPU and GPU.

Also, create a new power plan out of "balanced" or a new one, and customize it to suit your needs. The default "high performance" plan of windows 10 only helps in killing the system sooner (also making it run hotter).

BSOD could also be caused my bad drivers. Try removing and installing (clean install) of drivers from Acer site. Also make sure to disable the option that allows driver updating via windows updates.

Instead of (or along with) dump file, it would have been nicer if you took a photo of the BSOD screen or noted the error it shows. Many people, including me, can try to comprehend what might be the potential issue based off the error it displays.

Resetting windows will not work. It might offer temporary reprieve but then it would soon get back to its failing state again once it starts loading updates and what not. So this actually is not a good option.
    I just tried to do the undervolting following your link with the max performance of cpu set to 100%. However, I dont quite understand about the (clean install) things while I cant search it on google so I am not sure how to do it. I have tested the new setting using Heaven benchmark as shown below. The GPU temperature is 71 max. 

I will try to cap down the BSOD if it happens again (hopfully never). I will keep you update if there's any.

• sri369
    AlexWU said:
    I just tried to do the undervolting following your link with the max performance of cpu set to 100%. However, I dont quite understand about the (clean install) things while I cant search it on google so I am not sure how to do it. I have tested the new setting using Heaven benchmark as shown below. The GPU temperature is 71 max. 

I will try to cap down the BSOD if it happens again (hopfully never). I will keep you update if there's any.
    The benchmark you pasted is nice - that's on par with mine with i7 7-series and 1060 with 6GB. GPU temperature is fine. What about CPU temp?
    clean install = uninstall + install, instead of installing over existing software
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:

The benchmark you pasted is nice - that's on par with mine with i7 7-series and 1060 with 6GB. GPU temperature is fine. What about CPU temp?
    clean install = uninstall + install, instead of installing over existing software
    For cpu i tried to do stress test for 30mins its about 60 max while when i m doing stress test on gpu it kind of rised to ~70 or some moments 70 sth.

for the clean install do u mean i only do the cleaning on acer driver? I m not so sure how to do this, i did tried to reset the computer using acer care software before which do not reset my D drive. I am sorry that i want to be sure i didnt do the thing wrong cus it would be a catastrophe.
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:

By the way do i hv to open ts everytime i turn on my computer to make the setting works? I couldnt find the “open with window” setting in the software🙈🙈🙈
  • sri369
    Any driver or software - uninstalling existing one and then installing the same one again or a new one - is considered a clean install. In your case, it would be the display drivers.

Your stress tests seem fine. Now try to repeat what you were doing earlier that caused BSOD and see if these changes help, before going for the clean install.

If the BSOD reoccurs, try to capture the error code.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • sri369
    AlexWU said:
    By the way do i hv to open ts everytime i turn on my computer to make the setting works? I couldnt find the “open with window” setting in the software🙈🙈🙈
    No. Park settings once enabled stay in place (Windows restore or update might kill the visibility, so its best keep the software installed, but close it. Don't even need to turn on start with windows setting). You would be fine tuning those settings as part of your power plan.
    Create your own power plan, windows is finicky and could always overwrite your changes with default values if you use one of its default power plans.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    Any driver or software - uninstalling existing one and then installing the same one again or a new one - is considered a clean install. In your case, it would be the display drivers.

Your stress tests seem fine. Now try to repeat what you were doing earlier that caused BSOD and see if these changes help, before going for the clean install.

If the BSOD reoccurs, try to capture the error code.
    I see thanks for your help i would try to do this and see if there is any problem! I will try my best to take a photo on the bsod page if i hv chance
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:
    No. Park settings once enabled stay in place (Windows restore or update might kill the visibility, so its best keep the software installed, but close it. Don't even need to turn on start with windows setting). You would be fine tuning those settings as part of your power plan.
    Create your own power plan, windows is finicky and could always overwrite your changes with default values if you use one of its default power plans.
    I try to create a new plan but i couldnt, it only hv the balanced option, i m going to try again later today
  • sri369
    edited December 2018
    If you cannot create one, try importing the one from mine (attached).

Screenshot of where you can create one.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    If you cannot create one, try importing the one from mine (attached).

Screenshot of where you can create one.

Ah I could create a new power plan I just didnt see that button lol 
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:
    Just to make sure, I dont need to open ThrottleStop every time I turn on my computer to turn on the settings right?
  • sri369
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:
    Just to make sure, I dont need to open ThrottleStop every time I turn on my computer to turn on the settings right?
    ThrottleStop and MSI Afterburner have to be kept open (minimized to tray).
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    I just got a new BSOD when I try to turn on the computer from sleep mode, the photo of the BSOD is below, the code is totally new which I havent seen before 

• sri369
    Chinese!!??? Video memory management - seems more like a driver issue to me. Try uninstalling both internal and extern GPU drivers and installing the ones from Acer site. If it still repeats, I think the only go is try a clean install of windows (not reset) (after backing up data), or sending for warranty support (in case this turns out to be a hardware issue).
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    AlexWU said:
    I just got a new BSOD when I try to turn on the computer from sleep mode, the photo of the BSOD is below, the code is totally new which I havent seen before 

Get bluescreenviewer and check what was the driver causing the issue also install acer stock drivers like @sri369 said

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0x0000010e-video-memory-management-internal/

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/