BSOD Kernel mode heap corruption during stream

Answers

• AlexWU
    AlexWU Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    I got a bluescreen viewer  and it shows me a list of staff as shown below, what should I target to solve the underlying problem?  I go and delete the files and reinstall one?

• AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    Chinese!!??? Video memory management - seems more like a driver issue to me. Try uninstalling both internal and extern GPU drivers and installing the ones from Acer site. If it still repeats, I think the only go is try a clean install of windows (not reset) (after backing up data), or sending for warranty support (in case this turns out to be a hardware issue).
    Yes I am from HK :P Actually i tried to reinstall Windows once before. While I hvnt tried to do the reinstalling of GPU driver  
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,735 Pathfinder
    @AlexWU I would suggest uninstalling existing drivers and then installing the new ones. Make sure to do this one after the other, starting with internal GPU drivers. If this does not work, we can embark onto more intrusive ways.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    @AlexWU I would suggest uninstalling existing drivers and then installing the new ones. Make sure to do this one after the other, starting with internal GPU drivers. If this does not work, we can embark onto more intrusive ways.
    Ok but for the drivers i search on Acer sites, there are several drivers i could get but there isnt sth like internal/external gpu driver, plus i m not sure how i could uninstall them, like i do that in an usual way where i uninstall an app or i hv to do some command staff. (I just started learning more computer staff after i got these bsod or the computer problem of my previous computer so i m so lost🙈🙈🙈)
  • sri369
    Device manager --> go to device --> uninstall from the options there.

Below screenshot is an example of how you can recognize video drivers - nvidia is external, intel is internal.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:

Below screenshot is an example of how you can recognize video drivers - nvidia is external, intel is internal.

Oh ok i m gonna try this, though the bsod problem does not happen everytime i use my computer or i stream, like i streamed mhw for 2hours on 1/1 yet no bsod occured while i switch my computer to sleep mode for a few hours and it happens. I guess it takes a long tine to see if the problem is solved
  • sri369
    Did you disable the "fast startup" option under windows power settings. It would be under "additional power options".
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    Did you disable the "fast startup" option under windows power settings. It would be under "additional power options".
    No the fast startup is on
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:

Just finished reinstalling the GPU drivers, I will keep you guys updated if there is any problem. :)
  • sri369
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:

Just finished reinstalling the GPU drivers, I will keep you guys updated if there is any problem. :)
    If it works with no issues, pick the posts on this thread that helped fix your issue and mark them as answers so people coming here in future may also try them.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:

If it works with no issues, pick the posts on this thread that helped fix your issue and mark them as answers so people coming here in future may also try them.
    Sure I am going to test it for 1-2 week if no more BSOD I guess I could assume the problem is solved until it reappears. 
  • AlexWU
    I got another BSOD during stream just right now which get me another lost in the game and also huge frustration. Please HELP me T.T Below is the BSOD screen

• sri369
    AlexWU said:
    I got another BSOD during stream just right now which get me another lost in the game and also huge frustration. Please HELP me T.T Below is the BSOD screen

This is an age old issue that occurs when driver installed is incompatible.
    In your case it is NVIDIA driver issue. Uninstall and install an older driver, and try again.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:

In your case it is NVIDIA driver issue. Uninstall and install an older driver, and try again.
    Does that mean that i hv to reinstall the TGA driver again and prevent Geforce experience from updating drive?
  • sri369
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:

Does that mean that i hv to reinstall the TGA driver again and prevent Geforce experience from updating drive?
    Uninstall nvidia completely, including physx.
    Install clean, and do not select experience this time.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:

Uninstall nvidia completely, including physx.
    Install clean, and do not select experience this time.
    I saw something that requires further installation in the device info as highlighted in the picture below, would it be related to the BSOD?
  • sri369
    Disable windows update from updating drivers. Install clean version of nvidia drivers. That should handle everything.
    Also, check the date stamp... that's over a couple months old!
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    Disable windows update from updating drivers. Install clean version of nvidia drivers. That should handle everything.
    Ahh thats the first time stamp LOL i just did clean install (if i do it correctly: uninstall whole device and reinstall[the default one] with the VGA from Acer site). But I am not sure how could I disable the windows update from updating my GPU drivers. Its not stopping windows updates right?

• sri369
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:
    Ahh thats the first time stamp LOL i just did clean install (if i do it correctly: uninstall whole device and reinstall[the default one] with the VGA from Acer site). But I am not sure how could I disable the windows update from updating my GPU drivers. Its not stopping windows updates right?

Nah. There would be an option for enabling windows to update drivers and another option for updating other software too. Disable the one for drivers.

Link below describes how to do this:
    https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • AlexWU
    sri369 said:
    AlexWU said:
    sri369 said:

Nah. There would be an option for enabling windows to update drivers and another option for updating other software too. Disable the one for drivers.

Link below describes how to do this:
    https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

I just did the clean installation and disabled windows from updating my driver but the device manager still has the '... requires further installation' thing.