nitro 5 an515-51 hot and laggy when gaming

Options

Answers

• RipeNitro
    RipeNitro Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    does this computer have when its fully charged it stops charge and keep it at 100% and keeps the battery healty or does it just keep charging and wearing the battery 

sorry if i type bad english im from sweden 
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    :( seems like nothing helped
    fail.png 829.8K
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    Let me repeat. ***Maximum performance only happens when the battery is nearly 100% charged AND the charger is plugged in***
    The charger MUST be plugged in for maximum performance. If you unplug the charger the machine will automatically throttle the CPU/GPU to protect the battery!!!! It becomes sluggish by design when the charger is unplugged. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RipeNitro
    Options
    nope did not work still laggy
    100%.png 840.6K
  • JackE
    Options
    RipeNitro>>>now im done testing warframe battery at 53% and  it worked almost perfect with charger on >>>
    RipeNitro>>>nope did not work still laggy >>>>

I'm confused. First you said warframe worked almost perfect with charger on. Now you say warframe is laggy and doesn't work with charger on. Please explain. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RipeNitro
    Options
    Sorry warframe worked i tested smite and h&g and they still lags
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    I read something about realtek audio driver may do this that i should unistall it and reinstall it from acer site but i dont know how ...when i had the virus program avast i saw in the performance thingy that realtek takes alot something that it may slower my pc
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you uninstall Avast yet?

If warframe works then the other game softwares are likely more to blame than any hardware or device driver issues. However, you can download and try the other ACER audio drivers here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7312?b=1 to see if any of them improve performance.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RipeNitro
    Options
    yes i did uninstall avast do i need to uninstall any drivers for realtek?
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    sorry for asking so many times but do i just install that audio driver or do i need to uninstall the old one and where do i uninstall it?
  • JackE
    Options
    Well, you could first check the version number and date that's in Device Manager now. Then uninstall it and exit Device Manager without re-installing anything manually. Then reboot and let Windows auto re-detect the realtek adapter and re-install the driver it wants. Then  note the version installed (it may be the same) and also check if performance differs. If no difference, then just try installying the latest ACER driver without uninstalling anything first. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RipeNitro
    Options
    ok nothing different happened .so i downloaded the driver from acer audio driver but now i opened the map i got and idk what to do
  • JackE
    Options
    Map? Do you mean File? Did you note the version number on audio driver that you uninstalled and what Windows replaced it with? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Which GeForce driver are you currently on? There have been known issues with 417.22 which may explain your issue if that's the version you are on.

Another thing worth checking; your temperatures while gaming. If you're anywhere in the 80-100C range you may experience thermal throttling and overall limited performance. If it's a thermal issue, drivers won't matter.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for the comments & suggestions tobimaru

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RipeNitro
    Options
    ok this version after uninstalling the driver
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    grapich version
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    version after update
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    tobimaru i have the hwmonitor in the first page im not soo good to inspect it but seems like it is at 90 if im right
  • RipeNitro
    Options
    and this is the map i got