Windows 8 product key Acer E1-570

13»

Answers

• Awaiz
    Awaiz Member Posts: 38

Tinkerer

net start trustedinstaller
    ...the service started successfully 

but the sfc /scannow .... command returned the same result “windows ... could not start the repair service “
  • I suggest you plug the hd into another and format it! Looking at all messages, or there is a problem in cable sata or hd! I suggest you also test the hd on crystaldiskinfo!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer
    OK try this first before taking anything apart. At the x:> prompt, enter chkdsk c: /f /x /r    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Awaiz

Tinkerer

I am running the chkdsk c: /f /x /r command , it is 6% complete as of now . How can I plug this hard disk onto another computer ? You mean like swap it ? Or can I connect it like an external hard drive ?

• JackE
    You can use a USB2SATA HDD adapter cable. They're pretty cheap and plentiful. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Let chkdsk complete the task if it can. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Awaiz

Tinkerer

Chkdisk has completed and it says “ windows has scanned the file system and found no problems “ I am a bit confused as  the total disk space it shows as 4,028,293,120 bytes but my hard drive is 1 tb !is it scanning my usb ?
  • JackE
    Did you specify the C:\ drive as in 'chkdsk c:\ /f /x /r '   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Awaiz

Tinkerer

The second time , yes ! But looks like it is scanning the same drive again 
  • JackE
    OK. After it's done, try the 'net start trustedinstaller' & 'sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\  /offwindir=c:\windows' again. If that fails then I think egydiocoelho  's suggestions may be in order. Even though replacement HDDs are supercheap nowadays, it would be a shame to give up on this HDD as a true crash given the way it started with your wife's wifi booster installation. But maybe it was a 1 in a 1000 coincidence. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Awaiz

Tinkerer

I removed the internal hard disk and took it to a computer store. They checked it and confirmed the hard drive is not getting detected and hence may be dead. I purchased a another hdd and I am currently up and running. I installed windows 8.1 using the external USB that I got from software world and used the product key that was in the link that Jack provided. Now I am getting a message on my desktop to activate windows but when I do that from pc settings, it says it cannot be done now please try later.

I got the windows serial number from 'wmic os get serialnumber' command but this serial number has 0's and 1's which the windows prompt is not accepting. Do I need a new product key now :'( ??
  • Did you try to activate with the notebook disconnected from the internet or by phone?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Awaiz

Tinkerer

I have tried this as well
    wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

• JackE
    Did you try any of the other keys on this list?  https://www.productkeysfree.com/2016/08/windows-81-product-keys.html Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Awaiz

Tinkerer

yes - none of them work
  • JackE
    edited January 2019
    Is this a DVD or USB installation stick? Also check under the battery for a Win8.x product key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Awaiz

Tinkerer

I tried to activate with laptop connected to Internet 
    And
    nothing under the battery related to product key although I have the windows 8 logo at the back
    the installation was done using the bootable external usb stick 

• JackE
    >>>bootable external usb stick >>>

Since it started to load on the bad HDD with the key code used before, I wonder if the stick has been marked to work with only the old HDD serial number even though if failed. You might want to call, email or chat with SoftwareRepairWorld and see what they have to say at their contact link https://www.softwarerepairworld.com/pages/contact-us  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ