Finger print scanner stops working out of nowhere. Code 43

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I agree with you @JackE! I find it important to create restore points to get the operating system back to an earlier time and I think that would solve the problem!
    However he said there was no point of restoration: "This didn't seem to work as there were none. The issue is the driver just gets errors and I have to disable and enable to get the fingerprint scanner working. It works in the short term but if I leave the laptop alone for long it would just not work"

So I told him to try to upgrade windows to the latest version by backing up the files, or restoring the computer to the factory defaults and thus ruling out the possibility of being a hardware problem!
    I think your tip would work yes, if it had left enabled restore points!  :)
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • niku55
    niku55 Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I agree with you @JackE! I find it important to create restore points to get the operating system back to an earlier time and I think that would solve the problem!
    However he said there was no point of restoration: "This didn't seem to work as there were none. The issue is the driver just gets errors and I have to disable and enable to get the fingerprint scanner working. It works in the short term but if I leave the laptop alone for long it would just not work"

So I told him to try to upgrade windows to the latest version by backing up the files, or restoring the computer to the factory defaults and thus ruling out the possibility of being a hardware problem!
    I think your tip would work yes, if it had left enabled restore points!  :)
    Couldn't I just create an restore point when the fingerprint scanner is working? It just has driver issues from time to time 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,760 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I did not say that! What I said was that @JackE colleague's tip would work if there were any restore points enabled! :) 
    Did the windows 10 update solve the fingerprint problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Carry on. But please enable system protection anyway.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,760 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I agree! That's why I leave the system protection always active:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• niku55
    Options
    I thought the issue was gone but this morning it arose, Code 43 once again... 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would try in this case to restore the notebook to factory defaults and thus check if it is a hardware or driver problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• niku55
    Options
    I would try in this case to restore the notebook to factory defaults and thus check if it is a hardware or driver problem!
    Would you say reset and clean the drives or just reset and keep the data on drives?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I recommend that you first back up your files as a precaution and then restore the notebook using the alt + f10 command or use some restore point prior to the problem, as colleague @JackE said!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• niku55
    Options
    I recommend that you first back up your files as a precaution and then restore the notebook using the alt + f10 command or use some restore point prior to the problem, as colleague @JackE said!
    Did an system restore and the fingerprint scanner is working again which means it is an software issue! However I have a feeling the issue would come back. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm hoping that your problem is finally solved! Tell us about the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    @niku55 >>>Did an system restore and the fingerprint scanner is working again which means it is an software issue! However I have a feeling the issue would come back. >>>

As a precaution, make sure system protection is enabled so automatic restore points are created by Win10updates that might be causing the problem. Google "enable system protection" "windows 10" if you don't know how. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• niku55
    Options
    Well an system restore got the fingerprint scanner working again however this was temporarily. The issue is back once again. I think my best bet would be an factory reset and ensuring that I have system protection on. What do you guys think? Any other ideas before I do this?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can try a factory reset by pressing alt + f10 when turning on the notebook! However I recommend that you make a backup of the files as a precaution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Agree with @egydiocoelho . Enable system protection after the reset because it'll probably happen again due to some Win10update. You can then immediately restore and temporarily block it till some future Win10 or ACER update fixes the problem.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• niku55
    Options
    Do you think I should delete data on all drives start of new or just reset all programs and settings and etc
  • JackE
    Options
    That's best. But like @egydiocoelho suggested, back up your personal files first in any case. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• niku55
    Options
    Resetted it and issue still persists. 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Try this.

Install Acer's driver for your scanner. If there isn't one then uninstall and reboot.
    After you booted back up in device manager right click the scanner and > update. 
    After it updates then right click the driver and select > properties > rollback.

Then set your power menu settings and it shouldn't revert since driver wont auto update itself and should function using Acer's OEM driver.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JackE
    Options
    @niku55 >>>Resetted it and issue still persists.  >>>

As stated earlier, the only thing a factory reset will confirm is that it is or it is not a hardware issue. And despite hope that it's a driver issue because sometimes it works, I think it's more likely an intermittent hardware issue. Possibly a loose or otherwise intermittent connection of the scanner hardware to the mainboard.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ