Acer Predator Sense can't be installed on ACER HELIOS 300 - Sorry! This computer is not supported

Options
13»

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Xhatz said:
    Hello!
    I have the same problem, I tried to create a post here but it vanished x_x

I don't know how to use HxD, can anyone help me please :(?
    I basically have the "This computer is not supported" message since the repair team changed my motherboard, and installing the e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a file works but when launching it, it just shows the predator logo over and over but nothing happens.
    Try this once: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/636037/#Comment_636037

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • infamous17
    infamous17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So i just updated my drivers including Predator Sense and it works fine .
    Follow the steps :

Close all processes from predator sense , uninstall it , restart your laptop , download from Acer support  the last version of predator Sense FOR YOUR MODEL and choose the right Operating System that you have on your laptop , Unzip it all  , go in folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , right click on Setup > Run as administrator and install . After this step ,Predator Sense  WILL NOT WORK and you WILL NOT find it in RegEdit cause you have one more step to do until will run properly .

Last step :

in the same folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , go in folder PredatorSenseV3.1 and run  the following file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a (is the only one APPXBUNDLE file Type ) and after this Predator Sense will open the interface and will run properly . Enjoy !

When I downloaded the last predator Sense I cannot see the following file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a and the folder is named V2.01.3005
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    It all depends on which model and variant you have there are many versions for every variant

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• alphapilot
    alphapilot Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Follow the steps :

Close all processes from predator sense , uninstall it , restart your laptop , download from Acer support  the last version of predator Sense FOR YOUR MODEL and choose the right Operating System that you have on your laptop , Unzip it all  , go in folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , right click on Setup > Run as administrator and install . After this step ,Predator Sense  WILL NOT WORK and you WILL NOT find it in RegEdit cause you have one more step to do until will run properly .

Last step :

in the same folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , go in folder PredatorSenseV3.1 and run  the following file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a (is the only one APPXBUNDLE file Type ) and after this Predator Sense will open the interface and will run properly . Enjoy !

I can not thank you enough. I'd uninstalled predator sense yesterday as it wasn't opening up. I've been trying to reinstall it since forever couldn't as an error message and "run setup.exe" message was coming up over and over again. I was scouring through many forums to try and find a solution and tried endless ones. I finally came upon your solution and tried it as a last resort with no hope and it worked!!! Thank you so much,sir.
  • Krillacus
    Krillacus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Follow the steps :

Last step :

I can not thank you enough. I'd uninstalled predator sense yesterday as it wasn't opening up. I've been trying to reinstall it since forever couldn't as an error message and "run setup.exe" message was coming up over and over again. I was scouring through many forums to try and find a solution and tried endless ones. I finally came upon your solution and tried it as a last resort with no hope and it worked!!! Thank you so much,sir.
    I tried this method and predator sense installed but then wouldn't open and i couldn't see any processes in task manager.
  • Sharko
    Sharko Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    why dont you just extract the content then rename the folder in plug folder to your computer name? remember to pick a match folder with your computer 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Krillacus  Sharko Please check my thread here follow the steps also if the correct model number is not setup in the bios (this happens when mobos are replaced and the bios not flashed with the proper model number including starting with the work predator ) only acer can fix it i even have PS working on my aspire 5 and spin 5(for testing purposes only as many functions arent supported)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• karlosh
    karlosh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i had to re install windows after hd crash. Also faced the same problem when i tryed to install predator sense and acer care center. i used HxD method and it worked for me.. i have predator helios 300. thanks
  • aNISH112
    aNISH112 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ilango100 said:
    Hi Pauly12,
      I faced the same problem and now I've resolved it. My model is Predator G3-572. But after the motherboard change, its name got changed to "Aspier XXXX".
      But the PredatorSense installer expects the BIOS Model to have "Predator" in its name. [Refer here].
      So, I thought of bypassing it in different ways:
        1. Change the bios value to correct Predator G3-572. This can be done at acer service only.
        2. Change the registry keys to fool the installer. But this one didn't work at all.

But the possible solution is simplest of all. Why not change the string "Predator" in the PredatorSense binary itself to the one of the substrings of the your model. So now the comparison would be true and it proceeds with installation. I searched for the string Predator in the installer binary and modified it to "Aspier XXXX" and now it got installed! I used hex editor HxD to change the string in the exe binary. If you need any help doing so, feel free to ask.

Although am gonna contact acer service to change the model name to correct one, as this is not the right method. I suggest u do the same.
    hi, iam having the exact same problem. Can u tell me what to do?
    Go to plug in and change your model no like Predator PH51-315 to Asiper XXXX and run setup.exe . It will install perfectly then.
  • Blaui
    Blaui Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    The above link stating that the BIOs needs to have "Predator" in it's name would refer to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS

The above address is in regedit.
    Indeed in this location I have a system description for the product name.
    You can try changing the model information here but I would think this description would revert upon reboot.

Worth a shot?

Using this information, I copied the "SystemProductName" value there and renamed the matching folder for my model into THAT (I'm using a Predator Triton 515-51-79X9). The installer simply accepted the renamed folder and it worked flawlessly. Software itself works without any further adjustments, too.
  • Pauly12
    Pauly12 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Blaui said:
    Red-Sand said:
    The above link stating that the BIOs needs to have "Predator" in it's name would refer to:

You can try changing the model information here but I would think this description would revert upon reboot.

Worth a shot?

Using this information, I copied the "SystemProductName" value there and renamed the matching folder for my model into THAT (I'm using a Predator Triton 515-51-79X9). The installer simply accepted the renamed folder and it worked flawlessly. Software itself works without any further adjustments, too.
    Blaui  i had in systemproductname the text "NG-PH317-52-71NW" so I tried to change it "Predator NG-PH317-52-71NW" "Predator Helios 300 NG-PH317-52-71NW"

and I still cant install acer predator sense, what name should I put there please so I can install predator sense?
  • Blaui
    Blaui Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Pauly12 said:
    Blaui said:
    Red-Sand said:

Worth a shot?

Blaui  i had in systemproductname the text "NG-PH317-52-71NW" so I tried to change it "Predator NG-PH317-52-71NW" "Predator Helios 300 NG-PH317-52-71NW"

and I still cant install acer predator sense, what name should I put there please so I can install predator sense?
    What you want to do is go to your PredatorSense installation.

In there, you'll find the "plugs" folder.

Now, if you go to the Registry Editor, look inside "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS" and find the "SystemProductName" key - double-click it.

Copy this value, and rename the matching folder for your installation to that - for me, that's "Predator PT515-51", so I rename it to "NG-PT515-51-79X9".

<--- before renaming
    <--- after renaming

All you have to do now is open "Setup.exe".
  • isoldeg300
    isoldeg300 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yeah, 'd suggest making a systen restore incase thibgs go bad but it shouldn't as long as that model information is all you change.