Acer Predator Sense can't be installed on ACER HELIOS 300 - Sorry! This computer is not supported

Options
Pauly12
Pauly12 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Hello

I bought new Helios 300.. specs: i7-8750h, 1060 6gb, 16GB, 256 ssd+1TB hdd
I had problems with FPS drops on Fortnite, counter strike global offensive, paladins. it was dropping from 150 to 10 every 20seconds randomly. All my drivers were up to date. I downloaded the windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft website and reinstalled windows from the scratch. Now the laptop is working normally but I can't install Predator Sense because it says: Sorry! This computer is not supported.

I contacted Acer support and they want me to send it to them, but I need my laptop for my work and it is unimaginable for me to be without a laptop for 1-3weeks because of my work.

Please, what should I do to install Predator Sense? I tried updating Turbo boost from Acer website and it didn't help. All my drivers are up to date. Check also please the images attached

Yours sincerely
Pauly12

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Options
    Click start and type "regedit" and hit enter.

Then navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense

Find where it says "Model_Name_1st" in the registries and right click > modify
    Then change value data to:
    predator ph317-52

If you can't find that registry the in regedit click at the top Edit > find > type in "NG-PH317-52-71NW" and search and screen shot what it finds here.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Pauly12
    Options
    i dont have Predator Sense there in regedit at all.

I tried installing the older version .3008 from this post and the older version installed correctly https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/519891/hi-i-have-a-problem-installing-the-predator-sense
  • Pauly12
    Options
    this is what i have now . after installing the older version of predator sense i have now predator sense in registry. i will try now unninstall this old version of predator sense and install the new one.
  • Pauly12
    Options
    still cant install the new version of predator sense, because after i uninstaled the old version it says again Sorry! this computer is not supported
  • Pauly12
    Options
    This is what showed when i did: Edit > find > type in "NG-PH317-52-71NW"
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Good now right click > modify that registry and change it to:
    predator ph317-52
    - Hotel Hero
  • Pauly12
    Options
    i changed it and still cant install predator sense. check the image pls
  • Pauly12
    Options
    also i noticed that when i restart the pc and go back to regedit my modification is lost and its back to the previous name 
  • Pauly12
    Options
    i checked and i have the model: NG-PH317-52-71NW in like 16 registries when i do Edit - find - NG-PH317-52-71NW
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Yikes!

Ive seen it happen before but I cant recall which registry fixes it! 😅

You could try changing them all? It sounds like a lot of work. I'd suggest making a systen restore incase thibgs go bad but it shouldn't as long as that model information is all you change.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Pauly12
    Options
    i changed all of them from  NG-PH317-52-71NW  to predator ph317-52
    still cant install the predator sense software. it shows: 

Sorry! This computer is not supported

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I knew I had seen this before see the link here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/596470#Comment_596470

My bad bro, I didn't think to add the entire model name. (Mine doesn't have entire model name)
    - Hotel Hero
  • ilango100
    ilango100 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi Pauly12,
      I faced the same problem and now I've resolved it. My model is Predator G3-572. But after the motherboard change, its name got changed to "Aspier XXXX".
      But the PredatorSense installer expects the BIOS Model to have "Predator" in its name. [Refer here].
      So, I thought of bypassing it in different ways:
        1. Change the bios value to correct Predator G3-572. This can be done at acer service only.
        2. Change the registry keys to fool the installer. But this one didn't work at all.

But the possible solution is simplest of all. Why not change the string "Predator" in the PredatorSense binary itself to the one of the substrings of the your model. So now the comparison would be true and it proceeds with installation. I searched for the string Predator in the installer binary and modified it to "Aspier XXXX" and now it got installed! I used hex editor HxD to change the string in the exe binary. If you need any help doing so, feel free to ask.

Although am gonna contact acer service to change the model name to correct one, as this is not the right method. I suggest u do the same.
  • Shayd
    Shayd Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I would try:
    1: It could be due to updating certain Intel drivers from the stock drivers. I would run windows update to update everything, then head to the Acer driver download page, search your model, and download/install the Intel drivers(ACHI, Chipset, Turbo Boost, VGA). Download Predator Sense application as well.
    2: Predatorsense requires a version of XTUservice to work. You can try installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility(XTU), then try installing and running predator sense. If it works, remove XTU and see if the service stays for Predator Sense to work.
    3: Performing a factory reset via Acer Care Center. Backup your important data first, but don't reinstall Windows 10 this time.
  • jocosoljobel
    jocosoljobel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2018
    Options
    ilango100 said:
    Problem solved for everyone

Using the same method I have mentioned, I modified the Setup.exe to install in any system without this Predator string test. Download from here:XXXXXXXXX. You need to install using Setup_for_all.exe instead of Setup.exe for installation!

Try installing it and reply whether it worked or not.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

I have the same problem, still isn't working for me.
    System model is "G3-571-77QK".
  • Pauly12
    Options
    ilango100 check pls the picture below, it didnt work for me. Any help please?
  • Red-Sand
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don't recommend installing .exe programs from random people on the internet.. this can lead to serious security issues.

Not that the person who posted isn't reliable (I don't know them) it's just a good standard of practice to adhere to.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Regards,

Acer-Manny

• Red-Sand
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The above link stating that the BIOs needs to have "Predator" in it's name would refer to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS

The above address is in regedit.
    Indeed in this location I have a system description for the product name.
    You can try changing the model information here but I would think this description would revert upon reboot.

Worth a shot?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Pauly12
    Options
    Red-Sand, I changed it in BIOS but with no success. I still cant install predator sense. I am not planning to send my computer to Acer because I need it. Do you think that I am sometimes limited but with no predator sense?
    Any idea where I can get the Acer's version of windows 10 that i might install the next time i will format my pc?