Acer Predator Helios 300 GPU clocks dropping...

Options
13»

Answers

• Gen_Mactavish
    Gen_Mactavish Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Ult1m0 said:
    The time span is random.... Sometimes every 5 minutes sometimes every 10..
    It’s so strange. I can literally go all day and it won’t happen. Then next day it happens a lot.
    I have the same problem too! I am not sure why this is happening. I tried everything including undervolting...I sent it back to ACER twice and they still didn't fix anything. I did notice that whenever the frame rate stops dropping, the battery light on the right side of the laptop started blinking too and the frame rate goes back to normal when it stops blinking. I am wondering if this is an adapter issue? 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Ult1m0 said:
    The time span is random.... Sometimes every 5 minutes sometimes every 10..
    It’s so strange. I can literally go all day and it won’t happen. Then next day it happens a lot.
    I have the same problem too! I am not sure why this is happening. I tried everything including undervolting...I sent it back to ACER twice and they still didn't fix anything. I did notice that whenever the frame rate stops dropping, the battery light on the right side of the laptop started blinking too and the frame rate goes back to normal when it stops blinking. I am wondering if this is an adapter issue? 

Since windows dictates performance on whether or not your plugged in I would say this is your issue.

Send it in for warranty bro, it's not normal
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Sometimes you haveto explain what exactly is the issue your finding
    - Hotel Hero
  • JohnnyBravoooo
    JohnnyBravoooo Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    Options
    your not alone dude, same happens with me, i think the cpu bottlenecks, my helios 300 PH317-51 has a 7700HQ, and its bad for gaming as i relised while the laptop 200$ under this one has a 7700K i think cpu which is well better, 
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Underclock.