Predator G1 710 crashes when gaming on high load

Options
13»

Answers

• Migus
    Migus Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    How do you access the hidden recovery partition? And the full factor reset didnt seem to manage clean the geforce drivers before(?)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You access the hidden recovery partition via the ALT+F10 cold boot exactly as it's done in the video below. It clean erases everything in the video  --- drivers, personal files and all --- on the Windows system drive but not on your other HDD with the games. Then re-installs the Windows system as it came from the factory. If you actually want to see the hidden partition, go to the Start button  and search "Disk Management". Open Disk Management and it should show you all the partitions on both drives. The Windows system SSD should have at least 3 partitions---the ACER recovery partition (hidden from File Explore), the Windows UEFI boot partition (also hidden from File Explore) and the Windows system C drive partition.  The other HDD with the games probably only has one D drive partition. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Migus
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Well 2 last times I did that it didnt delete the geforce driver some reason. After burner showed it even tho I hadn't installed anything

https://gyazo.com/c81cbf2bc38d1843a113d761c8aacc49 these are the only partitions i have there
  • JackE
    Options
    Then the GEForce driver is the one that was factory-installed. The Disk Management screen should look something like this. Try opening Control Panel and search Disk Management. It should be under Administrative tools. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Migus
    Options
    I dont have that recovery partition there, there is only "recovery" which is 1GB only.

I doubt that the newest driver should come with that. And control panel doesnt even recognize them.
  • JackE
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A 1GB recovery partition seems correct size for original hidden ACER Win10 partition --- but NOT with new drivers as you suspected. All drivers in Device Manager should be dated before you acquired the machine. If any are newer, then it suggests that the recovery partition is not the original ACER version but more likely was overwritten by a newer Microsoft version from a generic Win10 installation. Do you know if anyone might have tried to re-install Win10 using a Microsoft installation instead of an ACER installation? Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Migus, I'm thinking you may have done a Windows reset instead of an Acer reset. A Windows reset will keep all the drivers and an Acer reset takes everything back to factory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • j78atzbach
    j78atzbach Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yeah, Its just dum how a game ready pc is having such problems. This is great acer.

--------------------------

Edit: Acer-David.