aspire A315-21 restart randomly

syuhadahyusri
syuhadahyusri Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hello, i just bought aspire A315-21 on August 2017. However, lately the laptop restart randomly without warning. After few hours using the laptop, it will restart on its own. i've already checked and scan the virus. There's no virus and my laptop is not overheating. im soo dissappointed because the laptop is new

Please help me

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try a system restore to a point when the laptop was working normally, also try reinstalling graphics driver, download the driver from Acer support site.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/drivers
  • lincolnguy
    lincolnguy Member Posts: 2 New User
    i bought the same laptop 19 days ago and have the exact same problem, i turned it on straight out of the box did the usual windows update etc as part of set up for first use took about an hour overall, ever since then it randomly restarts without warning. i watched the temps using core temp app and it gets to around 80 degrees before dropping again, bought a cooling pad which keeps it around 46 degree mark at 100% load, still restarts. i decided to factory reset the laptop last night and when it all had finished, i didn't update it and it still restarted on its own. (windows update was set to notify me before turning off for update purposes, updates are not why the laptop restarts). so frustrating to spend £360, this should not happen, still have the receipt unless i can get to the bottom of the problem (at no extra cost) im returning it.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @lincolnguy It may be a problem with a safety switch on the mainboard that is being activated by too much or too little pressure exerted by the covers. If it were mine, I'd click on the ACER service link at the bottom of this page and arrange for a warranty repair ASAP making sure they know of this safety switch random restart and shutdown issue that's been reported here in the ACER community for similar models. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• lincolnguy
    lincolnguy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2018
    @JackE thanks for the reply, i'll get acer in live chat tomorrow and see what they say, if what you say turns out to be the problem im not sending it off to be repaired at my own expense as i can still return it to the store i bought it from for another 10 days at no cost to me. it's a shame to i really like this laptop :anguished:  
    edit* also the last time it restarted on me it was sat on a cooling pad on a table and i wasn't touching it.
  • JackE
    @lincolnguy   Yeah. I think you should try to get a refund even though the fix can be simple involving tape and spacers. Like I said, some of these models have a safety switch on the mainboard which can accidentally shutdown the laptop due to misalignment of the case with the switch when being moved around or pressure on the keyboard or touchpad.

This lengthy thread below describes two types of switches that are commonly used, a normally-off or a normally-on switch. In the former, the case doesn't push hard enough against the switch to keep power on. In the latter, the case pushes too hard and cuts the power.  Sorry, I can't determine which type of switch you have in your model and will require opening the machine to find the switch. If you'd still like the keep the machine anyway. you should arrange for ACER service to take care of this issue.   Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/464023/acer-aspire-e15-keeps-randomly-shutting-down-even-when-i-have-a-full-battery-charge/p1

Jack E/NJ

• jugem
    jugem Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    HI, I'm experiencing same problem too with my new Aspire3 A315-21-95KF and it is getting worse.  The System reboot itself without any warning or error message. Just like you, my Virus software report nothing.  On May 22, 2018, Tuesday, I was no longer able to log in to Win 10 X64 and contacted Tech support.  It is only displaying Green Acer logo and dot circle for an hours.  While on hold with tech support, phone was disconnected. With Fn + F2 and Alt + F10, suggestion of Tech support, I'm finally able to log in to Win 10, but it is acting very slow and still rebooting by itself.  Is this something to do with bad memory chip or something?  Is there any diagnosis software from Acer?   
  • JackE
    @jugem You may have a problem with a safety interlock switch on the mainboard. Here are two possible solutions.  Jack E/NJ
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/546665/#Comment_546665
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/549720/#Comment_549720

Jack E/NJ

• jugem

Tinkerer

Thank you for comment, @JackE   Unfortunately, I do not see the switch in front of my notebook.  My A315-21-95KF model has no lock mechanism on body or monitor cover. 
  • JackE
    @jugem >>>I'm experiencing same problem too with my new Aspire3 A315-21-95KF and it is getting worse.>>>

Don't mess with it. This isn't acceptable. If it's new enough, return it to the vendor ****ASAP**** for a refund or replacement. If it's too late to work with the vendor on at least a replacement, then click the ACER service link at the bottom of this page, have your serial number id (SNID) ready, and arrange for warranty repair pronto. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jugem

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    Thank u for another comment @JackE   
    JackE