Switch 7 Black Edition

Options
13»

Answers

• ctrev21
    ctrev21 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Well March 27th and still not a hint of news on this thing. Is this thing going the vaporware route? 
  • MSIRM
    MSIRM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    On March 7 there was a review from a guy who is at some publication or blog called Tech Spot in Australia.  So obviously he got a hold of one to review.  He had a name on Twitter and I tried to ask him how he got the unit and I have not gotten any answer.  I tried the store again.  Nothing.  I tried calling their headquarters.  Could not get any answer.
  • ctrev21

Tinkerer

Options
    MSIRM said:
    On March 7 there was a review from a guy who is at some publication or blog called Tech Spot in Australia.  So obviously he got a hold of one to review.  He had a name on Twitter and I tried to ask him how he got the unit and I have not gotten any answer.  I tried the store again.  Nothing.  I tried calling their headquarters.  Could not get any answer.
    Well maybe you'll get lucky with an answer. It's almost like this thing is top secret or something. The longer it goes the less likely I'm gonna buy it because it's like a huge red flag that something is wrong with it.
  • dstrauss
    dstrauss Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Does this thing really exist or not? Over 220 days since announced at IFA, and it is like the mythical unicorn. I have seen one review of recent vintage, and it seems to have abysmal battery life (I guess to be expected).
  • ctrev21

Tinkerer

Options
    dstrauss said:
    Does this thing really exist or not? Over 220 days since announced at IFA, and it is like the mythical unicorn. I have seen one review of recent vintage, and it seems to have abysmal battery life (I guess to be expected).
    As much as I would like a detachable keyboard, I'm starting to look at the HP X360. I put an order in on the Eve V but they are to slow and have so many issues with quality and customer service I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole.
  • ctrev21

Tinkerer

Options
    I even tweeted to ACER and these people are as stupid as a box of rocks on availability in the US. WTF has happened to quality PC's and top notch customer service in the computer world. Its like these ***** couldn't find their asses from their *****. 
  • qoozy
    qoozy Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Beware. I think it has 2 lanes like Yoga 720 or HP 15-inch Spectre x360, because of the built-in mx150 which uses 2 lanes. If you want real thunderbolt 3 with 32 GB/s then look for a laptop/tablet without discrete GPU.