Chromebook R11 CB5-132T charging only to 94% after latest update

Options
13»

Answers

• Tandlaguilera
    Tandlaguilera Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Same issue here, mine won't charge past 96%.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    As far as we've been able to determine the problem is in how the OS calculates those numbers. They seems to get more accurate immediately after a number of power cycles, but then gradually get out of wack afterwards. In extreme cases the numbers can get very low, but it doesn't seem to affect how long the Chromebook actually runs on battery power. So, not a hardware issue, but Google is aware of it and will hopefully roll out a fix with one of the future releases.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Billsey>>>they don't reflect battery problems, but rather problems with the calculated values displayed.>>>
    Billsey>>>So, not a hardware issue, but Google is aware of it and will hopefully roll out a fix with one of the future releases.>>>

Billsey>>>they don't reflect battery problems, but rather problems with the calculated values displayed.>>>

Billsey>>>So, not a hardware issue, but Google is aware of it and will hopefully roll out a fix with one of the future releases.>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Wow. Regular, Bold and Italic no less! B)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

Other views too! :o Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dottie
    Dottie Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    JackE said: Keep cycling it, Dottie. You may see incremental improvements over time since you rarely cycled it this way in the past. Keep us posted. Jack E/NJ 
    Mine is down to 34% now.  FINALLY Acer agreed that it's a problem and I should send it in.
  • Carol1960
    Carol1960 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    mine only gets to 88% . never a full charge.  Had it for a week.
  • mrbean
    mrbean Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issues as everyone else... no fix yet for the Acer R11?
  • JackE
    Options

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marcin_
    Marcin_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello guys.

I also have long time problem with not fully charged battery, but after some of last updates is gone.

But...

Gone only in taskbar.
    When I use CPU Z or gsam battery monitor, battery is still charged up to 95% (like before change software).
    in another words: put AC charger to socket, and start charging.

Charging normal, but on last % rapidly jump to 100% + show blue charging led.

Independent programs show still 93% (in example and charging) but tray show 100% and blue icon.

When I hold long time on AC, slowly battery lift up to 100% on independent software too, but when I disconnect power adapter, is in seconds drop to about 94%.

Can anyone confirm similar problem?

Regards

• JackE
    Options
    @Marcin_    You do NOT have a hardware problem. The software monitors are inaccurate.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi,

this is very much an Operating system issue. this is due to the bugs in current version of Operating system. Please don't panic as this is not a hardware issue. This issue suppose to be solved after new updates from google. but if you think the issue is with the hardware you can try the below tests to find out.

Link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42977#_ga=2.218632080.866831143.1524060501-2123112745.1523567385
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • DavidWynot
    DavidWynot Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bonjour à tous (merci d'utiliser un traducteur Google ou autre)

Je viens de retirer une batterie de Novembre 2016 d'un Chromebook CB5 132T (achat février 2017)
    Cela fait 3 mois que la batterie s'arrête de charger à 70% Puis à 50% à 15% à 7%
    A 5% il n'y avait plus assez de batterie pour aucune mise à jour ce qui bloquait le Chromebook (Message: attendre le chargement sur fond blanc).
    J'ai d'abord changé le chargeur, mais le problème restait le même.
    Chromebook bloqué avec le chargeur branché.
    Ca m'étonnait que le CBK ne marche même plus avec le chargeur branché.
    Je suppose que la batterie est descendue sous un niveau 0 et qu'elle s'est inversée (je connais le problème sur l'automobile).

Alors j'ai retiré la batterie ET LE CBK MARCHE avec le chargeur branché sur le secteur ET SANS LA BATTERIE.
    J'ai commandé une batterie ACER 62 Euro sur Amazon.fr mais 27 $ (23 Euro) aux USA.
    Belle différence, impossible de commander aux USA.

Pour moi, cette batterie souffre d'un défaut de construction. 2 ans d'utilisation normal c'est très peu.
    J'ai un MacBook de 2010 qui a encore 1:30 de batterie possible (sur SSD)
    David

• SanAntonioTx
    SanAntonioTx Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I just bought the Acer Chromebook R11 today and had this same problem but mine only went to 91%. I found this thread and noticed others having the same problem with no solution. Everything had been updated and then I “shut down” the laptop and plugged it in and then it charged to 100%. Everyone who is getting stuck when charging the laptop WHILE using it just needs to “shut down” completely and leave it charging to fully charge. I figured it would work and it did.