Acer Aspire E5-575-52JF m.2 nvme support

Options
1568101118

Answers

  • syntax101
    syntax101 Member Posts: 6

    Tinkerer

    Options
    HI brummyfan2 good day.. i am already bought my NVMe M.2 SSD, now my concerns is my laptop is just 2 months old and its cover with warranty.
    The sticker on the back panel can be damage if im going to open and insert the M.2, what will i do to make my warranty not being abolish?
    Is the center center can do this as FREE of charge by adding the SSD? If so, what the sticker will be broken?
    The sticker i mean is the Warranty Sticker or seal.

    Thanks for your reply.
  • jpaulmadz
    jpaulmadz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi. I have a E5-475-37MN laptop. I'm planning to buy a m.2 ssd but i am not sure if laptop supports a NVme or M.2 ssd. I included a screenshot from hwinfo64. Thank you.


  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    jpaulmadz said:
    Hi. I have a E5-475-37MN laptop. I'm planning to buy a m.2 ssd but i am not sure if laptop supports a NVme or M.2 ssd. I included a screenshot from hwinfo64. Thank you.


    Hi,
    Yes, you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi @syntax101
    You need to contact Acer Support centre in your region, they will be able to help you, if you damage the warranty seal, you will loose the warranty, so it's better to get the SSD installed by the Service centre.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

  • tomexsans
    tomexsans Member Posts: 13

    Tinkerer

    Options
    Hello im sure this can support NVME but i would like an approval of some expert before i buy this expensive piece of hardware.
    sata or nvme?


    thank you for your input:
    laptop model Acer E5 576G 50EN





  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    tomexsans said:
    Hello im sure this can support NVME but i would like an approval of some expert before i buy this expensive piece of hardware.
    sata or nvme?


    thank you for your input:
    laptop model Acer E5 576G 50EN





    Hi,
    Yes, you can use a NVMe SSD drive, your laptop has 2 lanes enables so it will work at half the advertised speed.
  • tomexsans
    tomexsans Member Posts: 13

    Tinkerer

    edited August 2018
    Options
    thank you @brummyfan2

    tomexsans said:
    Hello im sure this can support NVME but i would like an approval of some expert before i buy this expensive piece of hardware.
    sata or nvme?


    thank you for your input:
    laptop model Acer E5 576G 50EN





    Hi,
    Yes, you can use a NVMe SSD drive, your laptop has 2 lanes enables so it will work at half the advertised speed.




    last question is this the right nmve? i searched for nmve internet gave me 2 hardware the one with 2 slots and 1 with 1 slots,
    is this the correct 1?


  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    tomexsans said:
    thank you @brummyfan2

    tomexsans said:
    Hello im sure this can support NVME but i would like an approval of some expert before i buy this expensive piece of hardware.
    sata or nvme?


    thank you for your input:
    laptop model Acer E5 576G 50EN





    Hi,
    Yes, you can use a NVMe SSD drive, your laptop has 2 lanes enables so it will work at half the advertised speed.




    last question is this the right nmve? i searched for nmve internet gave me 2 hardware the one with 2 slots and 1 with 1 slots,
    is this the correct 1?


    You are welcome, yes that's the right one, one with two gaps is M.2 SATA drive, this drive is fine but slightly slower than a Samsung 970 Evo, you can compare it and choose whichever you prefer.
    http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/WD-Black-NVMe-PCIe-M2-256GB-2017-vs-Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-250GB/m237667vsm494033
  • tomexsans
    tomexsans Member Posts: 13

    Tinkerer

    Options
    thank you sir  @brummyfan2 ,

    for allotting your time to answer my queries,
    i think i would choose the Samsung EVO

    thank you very much sir :)
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    tomexsans said:
    thank you sir  @brummyfan2 ,

    for allotting your time to answer my queries,
    i think i would choose the Samsung EVO

    thank you very much sir :)
    You are welcome :)
  • javabuntus
    javabuntus Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Dear, i have a ssd nvme recognition problem on a acer predator helios 300 notebook, just confirming, my notebook is compatible (PCI Express 3.0), right?

  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Dear, i have a ssd nvme recognition problem on a acer predator helios 300 notebook, just confirming, my notebook is compatible (PCI Express 3.0), right?

    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like Gx-xxx, HWiNFO doesn't provide enough information regarding PCIe details for certain models, also post the details of your NVMe drive.
  • javabuntus
    javabuntus Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Dear, i have a ssd nvme recognition problem on a acer predator helios 300 notebook, just confirming, my notebook is compatible (PCI Express 3.0), right?

    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like Gx-xxx, HWiNFO doesn't provide enough information regarding PCIe details for certain models, also post the details of your NVMe drive.
    Hi, my notebook is Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572(Bios v1.19, updated today) with 32GB RAM and SSD NVME is KingSpec M.2 PCI-e
  • Dheerajverma321
    Dheerajverma321 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

    Hi,

    Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD, I don't think you need a BIOS update.

    Capture.JPG


  • Dheerajverma321
    Dheerajverma321 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Nice solutions
  • Dheerajverma321
    Dheerajverma321 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

    Hi,

    Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD, I don't think you need a BIOS update.

    Capture.JPG

    Hi,

    Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD, I don't think you need a BIOS update.

    Capture.JPG


  • alF78
    alF78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello girls and guys,

    I have this Acer Aspire 3 A314-31 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/model/NX.GNSSN.002) and I have 2 questions:
    1. Can I add in the M.2 slot a NVME or a SATA M.2 SSD? I read all the discussions and I have the feeling the answer is SATA M.2 SSD because of the pcie version 2 only.
    2. having in mind the specifications of my laptop, if I add an M.2 SSD will performance improve considerably? I fear the Celeron N3350 processor is the one to blame for the overall slowness in working even simple tasks like office or light browsing.
    Thank you,
    alF


  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    alF78 said:
    Hello girls and guys,

    I have this Acer Aspire 3 A314-31 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/model/NX.GNSSN.002) and I have 2 questions:
    1. Can I add in the M.2 slot a NVME or a SATA M.2 SSD? I read all the discussions and I have the feeling the answer is SATA M.2 SSD because of the pcie version 2 only.
    2. having in mind the specifications of my laptop, if I add an M.2 SSD will performance improve considerably? I fear the Celeron N3350 processor is the one to blame for the overall slowness in working even simple tasks like office or light browsing.
    Thank you,
    alF


    Hi,
    1. Yes, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD and NVMe support not available for this model.
    2. M.2 SATA SSD will certainly improve the performance of your laptop including responsiveness of programs, apps and browsing.
  • alF78
    alF78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    alF78 said:
    Hello girls and guys,

    I have this Acer Aspire 3 A314-31 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/model/NX.GNSSN.002) and I have 2 questions:
    1. Can I add in the M.2 slot a NVME or a SATA M.2 SSD? I read all the discussions and I have the feeling the answer is SATA M.2 SSD because of the pcie version 2 only.
    2. having in mind the specifications of my laptop, if I add an M.2 SSD will performance improve considerably? I fear the Celeron N3350 processor is the one to blame for the overall slowness in working even simple tasks like office or light browsing.
    Thank you,
    alF


    Hi,
    1. Yes, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD and NVMe support not available for this model.
    2. M.2 SATA SSD will certainly improve the performance of your laptop including responsiveness of programs, apps and browsing.
    Thank you for the answer.
    Regarding point 2, I've already changed the HDD to a Seagate ST1000LX015 hybrid drive (one that has some flash memory on it) - it seems like it is a bit faster but nothing impressive.

  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,352 Trailblazer
    Options
    alF78 said:
    alF78 said:
    Hello girls and guys,

    I have this Acer Aspire 3 A314-31 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/model/NX.GNSSN.002) and I have 2 questions:
    1. Can I add in the M.2 slot a NVME or a SATA M.2 SSD? I read all the discussions and I have the feeling the answer is SATA M.2 SSD because of the pcie version 2 only.
    2. having in mind the specifications of my laptop, if I add an M.2 SSD will performance improve considerably? I fear the Celeron N3350 processor is the one to blame for the overall slowness in working even simple tasks like office or light browsing.
    Thank you,
    alF


    Hi,
    1. Yes, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD and NVMe support not available for this model.
    2. M.2 SATA SSD will certainly improve the performance of your laptop including responsiveness of programs, apps and browsing.
    Thank you for the answer.
    Regarding point 2, I've already changed the HDD to a Seagate ST1000LX015 hybrid drive (one that has some flash memory on it) - it seems like it is a bit faster but nothing impressive.

    You are welcome, yes hybrid drives are better than normal spinner drives but M.2 SSDs are different class, so you will be better off with a SSD.
This discussion has been closed.