Acer Aspire E5-575-52JF m.2 nvme support

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Lebowski said:
    Does the E5-575G-39M3 work with 500gb and 1TB M.2 SSD? (e.g 860 Evo M.2 1TB or 970 Evo m.2 500GB)
    Hi,
    Recommended maximum size is 256GB but Crucial advertise 1TB drive as compatible, so it might work but I haven't seen anyone installed.
    http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/aspire-e5-575g-728q/CT11452029
  • Faridhasan126
    Faridhasan126 Member Posts: 3 New User
    can someone pls check this one

• Lebowski
    Lebowski Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2018
    Lebowski said:
    Does the E5-575G-39M3 work with 500gb and 1TB M.2 SSD? (e.g 860 Evo M.2 1TB or 970 Evo m.2 500GB)
    Hi,
    Recommended maximum size is 256GB but Crucial advertise 1TB drive as compatible, so it might work but I haven't seen anyone installed.
    http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/aspire-e5-575g-728q/CT11452029
    Thanks. I've had a chat with Acer and they said up to 256GB  which is disappointing. But I've seen people on here talking about putting a 500gb M.2 in theirs. Has anyone else tried it? 256GB is too small for me, I want to upgrade to 500GB at least.

Faridhasan126, a M.2 SATA SSD and M.2 NVMe SSD will work in yours, but the NVMe will be limited by your x2 lanes on your motherboard so it will operate at around half the advertised speed of the NVMe SSD. You will need the 'Maximum Link Width' to be x4 on your motherboard for it to work at full speed. But it will still be a lot faster than SATA.
  • siliconsmile
    siliconsmile Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi brummyfan2... i am sorry to bother you but can you please help me find out if i can use NVME in my Aspire V5-591-G-75KE... here is the screenshot from HWINFO64...
    Thank you.
  • brummyfan2
    Hi brummyfan2... i am sorry to bother you but can you please help me find out if i can use NVME in my Aspire V5-591-G-75KE... here is the screenshot from HWINFO64...
    Thank you.
    Hi,
    You may have to settle for a M.2 SATA SSD. Please have a look at this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/454892/v5-591g-50mj-which-m-2-ssd-does-it-take-sata-or-pcie/p1
  • JHZRL
    JHZRL Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD, I don't think you need a BIOS update.

Capture.JPG

@brummyfan2

Can I use a nvme m.2 ssd on my laptop? Here's the picture. also, where can i find that port #9 in my laptop. it is where i need to input my nvme m.2 ssd right? thanks for the answer man
  • JHZRL said:

Hi,

Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD, I don't think you need a BIOS update.

Capture.JPG

@brummyfan2

Can I use a nvme m.2 ssd on my laptop? Here's the picture. also, where can i find that port #9 in my laptop. it is where i need to input my nvme m.2 ssd right? thanks for the answer man
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install a NVMe SSD in your laptop, you install the SSD in the slot between memory modules and HDD bay, HWiNFO program only shows the capability of your laptop, no, you don't need to update BIOS.

• JHZRL
    JHZRL Member Posts: 3 New User
    JHZRL said:

Hi,

Capture.JPG

@brummyfan2

Hi,
    Yes, you can install a NVMe SSD in your laptop, you install the SSD in the slot between memory modules and HDD bay, HWiNFO program only shows the capability of your laptop, no, you don't need to update BIOS.

Thanks man
  • JHZRL said:
    JHZRL said:

Hi,

Capture.JPG

@brummyfan2

Hi,

Thanks man
    JHZRL said:
    JHZRL said:

Hi,

Capture.JPG

@brummyfan2

Hi,

Thanks man

You are welcome :)
  • pheamakara
    pheamakara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi may you tell me does my laptop support NVMe SSD or not? 
    Thank you and sorry for my bad English
  • Hi may you tell me does my laptop support NVMe SSD or not? 
    Thank you and sorry for my bad English
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD.
  • candyee
    candyee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,
    I have this Aspire E15 laptop and would like to check if it can install with SSD?
    Any model to recommend?

• jpaulmadz
    jpaulmadz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Tryphis said:
    Hi guys,
    i searched all day to find out wich m.2 ssd i could install into my e5-575g-56ks laptop. there is a m.2 sata 96gb kingston ssd installed already, bud i'd love to replace it with a samsung mz-v6e250bw wich is a 256gb nvme ssd. i downloaded HWINFO64 and it says pretty much the same as shown by pankajn (see attached file) except "slot implemented" says "no". would you please check if i can use the samsung ssd? chat and email support from acer germany don't work.
    thank you in advance!

Hi,
    Yes, you can use a NVMe SSD but  the speed will be half of what Samsung advertises( still 3x the speed of SATA SSD), I have attached the snip of my BM as an example to show what kind of speed you will get.

what ssd do you have? a gen3x4? planning to buya a new nvme ssd which is kingston a1000 that supports gen3x2 pcie. here is my hwid screenshot.
  • onlinearhp
    onlinearhp Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2018
    Hi. my laptop is  Acer E15
    E5-575G-35UP
    CPU: 6100u
    i bought HP EX900 256GB nvme ssd
    but not work for me. ;(
    This is my Config. 

SDD included but not show.

• hugosal
    hugosal Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    I appreciate the help. Mine is an E5-575-54E8, same question. Do I need a SATA or Nemv storage device for my M.2 port? How fast would it be? As fast as a regular SATA SSD or faster? Thanks SATA SSD or faster?
  • arorienst
    arorienst Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

My laptop shows the following:

So, can i install NVME SSD ?

• driven4life17
    driven4life17 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi

I just need some help with my acer e5-476g 54r2. I want to know if there is an M.2 slot where I can put SSD. 
    Thanks

• Diego1990
    Diego1990 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi! I have an aspire E14 E5-475g-55VT, my laptop has a ssd m.2 slot and I was asking myself about the same, sata or nvme? I just read this post and nearly found an answer, but I want to be sure. With the information from the image, can I use NVME? Thanks a lot for all your help!
  • brummyfan2
    edited February 2019
    Diego1990 said:
    Hi! I have an aspire E14 E5-475g-55VT, my laptop has a ssd m.2 slot and I was asking myself about the same, sata or nvme? I just read this post and nearly found an answer, but I want to be sure. With the information from the image, can I use NVME? Thanks a lot for all your help!
    Hi,
    The Root Port1 readings may belong to the graphics card, so I would suggest you to check the Maximum Link width for Root Port 9 as well, however, another member has successfully installed a NVMe SSD, so I think you may be able to install a NVMe SSD, but it's better to make sure by checking other Root Ports for Maximum Link width value, you also can check the devices using the Ports by clicking + sign(expanding).
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549565/m-2-nvme-support-for-acer-e5-475g
  • Hubix
    Hubix Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello @brummyfan2 and hello everyone.

I was wondering if will my laptop work with M.2 NVMe SSD drive - for example with this one: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/ssd/client-ssd/MZVLB256HAHQ/. I have done some search which resulted in a conclusion that it will work with half the speed. Please, tell me if am I right or not.

See attached pictures:

Help me, @brummyfan2 . You're my only hope.
This discussion has been closed.