Having the same issue, just freshly installed Windows 10, 64 bit on Acer E5-571G.
I uninstalled the IME driver and issue was solved. However, next time I booted up Windows it reinstalled the same driver, with the same version (11), so the problem came back.
So in my scenario, simply uninstalling the driver and waiting that Windows automatically installs version 9.5 did not work. I need to do it manually somehow and I'm not succeeding. If someone else solved this please help.
Please follow these steps
You have to disable automatic update for the Intel Management Engine. So after a self-install of version 9.5, do step 2 -> end.
Is there a way to know if I want the 1.5M or 5M version? (Sorry)
Its really simple to fix this problem!
1. Type drivers in the search box
2. Then you click on update device drivers in control panel
3. Scroll down to human interface devices and click to open sub menu
4. Right click on HID-compliant consumer control devices
5. Go to Properties and click on power mangement and check the box the says Allow this device to wake the computer.
6. Repeat for Compliant device and touch screen.
Hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register
to get all
the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself
Welcome Forum, or learn about our
ACE Program and
What's Happening at Acer.
Acer Community User Agreement.
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.