how to solve windows 10 shutdown issues(power,keyboard lights are still on)?

2»

Answers

• dedalus
    dedalus Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi.

Having the same issue, just freshly installed Windows 10, 64 bit on Acer E5-571G.

I uninstalled the IME driver and issue was solved. However, next time I booted up Windows it reinstalled the same driver, with the same version (11), so the problem came back.

So in my scenario, simply uninstalling the driver and waiting that Windows automatically installs version 9.5 did not work. I need to do it manually somehow and I'm not succeeding. If someone else solved this please help.

Thanks.

• tepco
    tepco Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Please follow these steps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Sleep-and-Shutdown-issues-after-upgrading-to-Windows-10/td-p/5177663

You have to disable automatic update for the Intel Management Engine. So after a self-install of version 9.5, do step 2 -> end.

• dedalus
    dedalus Member Posts: 3 New User

Is there a way to know if I want the 1.5M or 5M version? (Sorry)

• Nikkilee2016
    Nikkilee2016 Member Posts: 1 New User

Its really simple to fix this problem!

1. Type drivers in the search box

2. Then you click on update device drivers in control panel

3. Scroll down to human interface devices and click to open sub menu

4. Right click on HID-compliant consumer control devices

5. Go to Properties and click on power mangement and check the box the says Allow this device to wake the         computer.

6. Repeat for Compliant device and touch screen.

Hope this helps!

• bemrbob
    bemrbob Member Posts: 1 New User
    i had that issue with my brand new Aspire A315. I did a chat with a Acer support tech, updated my BIOS, and the problem is fixed!
  • Mash
    Mash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey iv got the aspire am3920 and needed to reinstall Windows 7. On doing so I came along with this shutdown issues as original post. Upgraded to Windows 10 hoping for a fix but no joy. Spent the last for days trying everything from bios updates to deletin IME. Has anyone got a more recent fix.
    Led and fan stays on.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2018
    @Mash

This topic is about computers with Haswell-ULT.  The solution in this thread only applies to Haswell-ULT computers.....as far as I know.  

You should start a new topic.  JoeOil is the only other person that I can remember that has M3920 and had that problem.  See page 1.  M3920 is not Haswell-ULT.

One possible solution for his/your desktop was to wipe the drive......and clean install windows 10.  You might get an option for an EFI install or a non-EFI install.  I don't know which one might possibly solve the issue.  Your computer is from a time period when they used a hybrid BIOS, but it wasn't really a modern UEFI.....however  in some cases you could get a choice (the Windows installer will prompt you)  between an EFI install or non-EFI install if you wiped the drive first (put the HDD in an uninitialized state).

Edit: If you want to install Windows 7, then I would still recommend wiping your drive first (choose Custom Install and delete all of your partitions...and then press and hold your computer's power button until your computer shuts off....your HDD will now be in an uninitialized state.....and ready for a clean install).  If you install Windows 7, then you don't want EFI.  You'd want non-EFI if the Windows 7 installer asks you to choose.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mash
    Mash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry I thought it was for the M3920.
    Thanx for the reply and I'l give going back to Win7 another go.
    Cheers JordanB
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2018

@Mash

I can't be 100 percent certain that the original Windows 7 installed on your computer was non-EFI  (MBR).  There is a possibility that the original Acer OEM Windows 7 was an EFI/GPT installation.  I'm just not sure how Acer installed it at the factory. 

But at least you now have the knowledge to try both ways.

So it's.....

1. Boot Windows 7 media
    2. Select your language
    3. Install
    4. Custom Install
    5. Delete all partitions
    6. Press and hold power button until computer shuts off
    7. Turn on computer and install as EFI or non-EFI  (sorry, I'm just not sure how it's supposed to be installed on your model)
    8. Select language
    9. Select Install
    10. Select Custom Install
    11. Click on your drive (it should say unallocated space)
    12. click Next

And the link below made me more unsure of how it's supposed to be installed.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-x64-on-acer-aspire-m3920-with-efi-bios-does-not-shutdown-607836.html

Edit:

If you still have problems, then start a new thread and someone can tell you how to use diskpart and the "clean" and "convert GPT" or "convert MBR" commands to make sure it's doing what you/we want.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • athman8
    athman8 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks a lot! You saved me hours of preinstalling :) I've got this problem after official BIOS update...
This discussion has been closed.