JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
how to solve windows 10 shutdown issues(power,keyboard lights are still on)?
as for my question above. i need to hold power button for like 5 seconds to fully shutdown my laptop. even restart, or sleep doesnt work right. i upgraded from a genuine win 8.1 to the free win 10 by that reservation app windows offered. im using acer aspire v5-573g i7, gt750m version, finnish keyboard layout
solutions i tried from random searches that didn't work for me.
1. un-checking fast shutdown at power options
2. turning off hibernation at cmd (types a code forgot what i was)
3. updating all drivers and bios with acer sites official drivers, driver pack solution 15.8, and intels driver update utility
4. downgrading intel management engine components driver from 11 to 9.5
5. going to bios and resetting it to default settings
6. making a "shutdown" shortcut with codes ex. shutdown /s /t 0
7. shift click shutdown
im thinking of reinstalling windows 10 via recovery that deletes apps,files,drivers,etc and hope this solves it. i cant roll back to win 8.1 because ive done this reset before to fully clean my system from win 8 files, and random trashes and the rollback option was gone.
thanks in advance