REVO 70 - Windows 10 Install - Two issues - HDMI Sound and Shut down issue.

Options
IXL
IXL Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi, thanks for reading this.

I am fortunate to have two of these Revo RL70 devices.  Both are windows and came with Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

I have one of the models that come with the build in TV Tuner and Blu-Ray player, and a standard slimline version.  Both are identical in every other way.   The issues stated in the subject, apply to both devices, so its not a hardware fault. 

What I have done is done an upgrade (fresh wipe and install) to Windows 10, based on a USB media creation, from Microsoft themselves.  It used my existing W7 licence keys respectively and all is well and permitted the update install without a problem.

However, I have read all over the forums everywhere of these two issues, but none of the solutions are working for me and im at the point where I ditch the devices totally (as its completely driven me to the edge of my despair for the last 2 months fiddling about with it) or just roll back to W7 forever and take a risk.

In short:

1, Immediately after installing W10, there is no audio at all from the HDMI socket to my TV/Monitor.  SPID (forgive me if I spelt this wrong) appears to be the only audio optional device and I was previously able to get audio via HDMI from the Windows 7 installs.  No matter what I do to install / update / remove devices or drivers there is no audio at all.   What I did notice in the Device Manage is there is an error against the High Definition Audio Controller with an exclamation mark, stating "This device cannot start" Code 10 error".   Having read the post on this for a windows 8 fix on this very forum, unfortunately does not resolve this for me, nor does updating the BIOS.  Please remember, that this issue is occurring on both devices since updating to W10, and if I roll back to W7, the problem disappears, so to me, suggests its a software / driver issue. 

As the device was supplied with all the drivers installed, I only have a restore disk which reverts it all back to W7 as it was from factory, I do have a driver CD as well (also created at the time from within the PC Windows itself) which contains driver setups, but are all W7 and if I try to run them, nothing seems to fix this and further more there isnt a HDMI driver included). 

So any help on this would be amazing.   

2, Power restart / shut down issue.   Each time I restart the device or shut it down, it just hangs every time a few seconds after opting to do so.  It just sits there with the spinning shut down image, which then just suspends.  I have to physically turn the device off and restart it.    This again occurs on both devices after the update and If I revert back to W7 factory, the issue disappears.

This is also after ALL updates have been applied to the install....

Happy to copy/drop specs and screenshots if needed, but just a bit frustrated that the drivers are not all available via Acer's website.....   I would imagine there are lots of people in this same boat as me, but would love to hear of their solutions.   Might even do a short video showing the issue. 

Thanks for any help in advance. 

PS, I also did a complete new USB download creation to ensure my version was ok, and got the same issue still....    

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>BIOS Mode UEFI >>>

These factory Win7 machines seem to be what I've deemed "in-betweeners". Previous models were BIOS mainboards. These are UEFI mainboards operating in Legacy mode to support factory Win7, Win7 device drivers & even some Win7 hardware that didn't appear on factory Win8x and above.  I know it's painful, but have we tried to install Win10 yet in legacy mode where Win7 compatibility mode drivers might have a better chance of working? Jack E/NJ   
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Try reinstalling windows in legacy mode, as colleague JackE said, like this: 

Unable to boot from a USB recovery key on the Revo RL70

How can I boot from a UEFI USB recovery key?

A UEFI USB recovery key will be seen as a normal USB device.

Use the following steps to make the UEFI USB device visible in the boot menu.

1. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
    2. At the BIOS screen, use the left arrow key to highlight Advanced.
    3. Use the down arrow key to highlight and select Legacy USB Support.
    4. Press Enter and select DISABLED.
    5. Press the F10 key to save and exit setup.

Your UEFI USB device will now been seen from the boot menu as a UEFI device.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IXL
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi.

No,  I tried everything. 

The only solution thanks to the two guys egydiocoelho and JackE was to format the media in MBR mode,  create the install again from an iso onto the media ubs drive and install again. 

Worked immediately. 

I spent months trying different files, drivers, bios settings and nothing fixed it and wasted so much time. 

Really pleased this all now works. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I also think it's some problem with the drivers. Have you tried updating drivers on intel websites? Also, can you copy and paste the IDHARDWARE from the problem device?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IXL
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.  I will post back with spec details in about 3 hours when I get home.

The devices I have are AMD.... 
  • IXL
    Options
    Hope this is of help...so you can help me... lol    I am assuming this is what you were after?

System Information report written at: 12/30/19 15:52:04
    System Name: DESKTOP-LDT7J3T
    [System Summary]

Item Value
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-LDT7J3T
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model Revo 70
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU
    Processor AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1650 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P01-A2, 10/01/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Acer
    BaseBoard Product Revo 70
    BaseBoard Version
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United Kingdom
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"
    Username DESKTOP-LDT7J3T\media
    Time Zone GMT Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.73 GB
    Available Physical Memory 5.74 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 9.60 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 7.66 GB
    Page File Space 1.88 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

[Multimedia]

[Audio Codecs]

CODEC Manufacturer Description Status File Version Size Creation Date
    c:\windows\system32\imaadp32.acm Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\IMAADP32.ACM 10.0.18362.1 36.05 KB (36,920 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:43
    c:\windows\system32\msadp32.acm Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\MSADP32.ACM 10.0.18362.1 33.99 KB (34,808 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:43
    c:\windows\system32\msg711.acm Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\MSG711.ACM 10.0.18362.1 25.45 KB (26,056 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:43
    c:\windows\system32\msgsm32.acm Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\MSGSM32.ACM 10.0.18362.1 41.60 KB (42,600 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:43
    c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec OK C:\Windows\system32\L3CODECA.ACM 1.9.0.401 90.50 KB (92,672 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:58

[Video Codecs]

CODEC Manufacturer Description Status File Version Size Creation Date
    c:\windows\system32\msrle32.dll Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\MSRLE32.DLL 10.0.18362.1 17.50 KB (17,920 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:45
    c:\windows\system32\iyuv_32.dll Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\IYUV_32.DLL 10.0.18362.1 53.00 KB (54,272 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:45
    c:\windows\system32\msvidc32.dll Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\MSVIDC32.DLL 10.0.18362.1 38.50 KB (39,424 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:45
    c:\windows\system32\tsbyuv.dll Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\TSBYUV.DLL 10.0.18362.1 16.50 KB (16,896 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:45
    c:\windows\system32\msyuv.dll Microsoft Corporation OK C:\Windows\system32\MSYUV.DLL 10.0.18362.1 27.00 KB (27,648 bytes) 19/03/2019 04:45

[CD-ROM]

Item Value
    Drive D:
    Description CD-ROM Drive
    Media Loaded No
    Media Type DVD Writer
    Name Slimtype BD  E  DL4ETS
    Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
    Status OK
    Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec
    SCSI Target ID 0
    PNP Device ID SCSI\CDROM&VEN_SLIMTYPE&PROD_BD__E__DL4ETS\4&34973A9F&0&010000
    Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\CDROM.SYS (10.0.18362.1, 169.00 KB (173,056 bytes), 19/03/2019 04:43)

[Sound Device]

Item Value
    Name High Definition Audio Device
    Manufacturer Microsoft
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_10254700&REV_1001\4&1EC24B5A&0&0001
    Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\HDAUDIO.SYS (10.0.18362.356, 415.50 KB (425,472 bytes), 07/10/2019 02:57)

[Display]

Item Value
    Name AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9806&SUBSYS_063E1025&REV_00\3&11583659&0&08
    Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9806), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
    Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics
    Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
    Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll
    Driver Version 15.201.1151.0
    INF File oem2.inf (ati2mtag_Wrestler section)
    Colour Planes Not Available
    Colour Table Entries 4294967296
    Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
    Bits/Pixel 32
    Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF
    I/O Port 0x0000F000-0x0000F0FF
    Memory Address 0xFEB00000-0xFEB3FFFF
    IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967292
    I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
    I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
    Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
    Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ATIKMPAG.SYS (8.14.1.6463, 658.48 KB (674,288 bytes), 21/10/2015 02:14)

The rest is attached as a text file... nothing here is secret....

PS, I forgot to advise, of the two, I upgraded the ram from 4gig to 8gig... other than that, the main specs really are identical.  Ive only posted the one spec as im sure if we can resolve the issue on this one, the other will be easy to solve in the same way... (I hope..)

If you can help, it would be lovely.... Thanks, IXL
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Start with the HD Audio Controller that has the exclamation point on it. That's the problem device here. Ideally you would find a new, Windows 10 driver for it. If you bring up properties of it in Device Manager and go to the Details tab, then choose Hardware IDs it'll give you something similar to the VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_10254700 shown above. That tells us who the manufacturer is of the device, which of their products it is, and which revision of the product. From that we might be able to find a compatible W10 driver. If there are no good W10 drivers we'll step you though the process of installing a W7 driver in Compatibility Mode. You may have to uninstall the existing driver in such a way that the files get deleted so the new (or old) driver can be forced to install instead. (BTW, the device above is Realtek audio, which should know about each potential output...)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IXL
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Here you go... believe this is what you are after...

VEN_1002&DEV_1314&SUBSYS_063E1025&REV_00
    VEN_1002&DEV_1314&SUBSYS_063E1025
    VEN_1002&DEV_1314&CC_040300
    VEN_1002&DEV_1314&CC_0403

I have not checked the other Revo, but for now lets assume they are the same. (I'll let you know)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can also use a program, such as driverbooster, to check if the program finds the right driver.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    Options
    Driverbooster?  Hmm, OK I will look for that tonight, never heard of it though.  Thanks.

PS Also, I did try and use the Acer updater tool but it never found "ANY" results what so ever when I ran it... for drivers ect. 

Hopefully Billsey can come back to me as well later with some other advise. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I generally do not advise installing these programs, but it may help when the hardware and drivers are older. You do not need to purchase the license. Just use the free license: https://en.softonic.com/download/driver-booster-free/windows/redirect-post-download
    You do not need to install game programs or dashlane. You can safely install, that there are no viruses!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    edited December 2019
    Options
    OK Thanks, I'll see what I come up with.  If I find it and it works, I'll post back here and maybe somewhere we can post the driver so that in future other people who have the same issue (and version) can easily grab the driver, as this would avoid all this pain...    Just a bit surprised Acer themselves do not advise or even supply the driver directly... even for W7. 
  • IXL
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Having no luck at all downloading your suggestion so far... the download never downloads... Tried it on 3 different PC's and just keeps cycling as if its going to, but never does.   Maybe its available from another site....   I'll have a look....
  • IXL
    Options
    Hi, the below are the results so far (Ive litterally only just done this, but thought id post as soon as I could...) 

Not much here that is immediately obvious to point to a driver for the HD Audio Controller.   I'll update them all and see though...

• IXL
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi, Unfortunately, this didnt resolve anything, it just re-highlighted the issues that I already knew about.  However It updated drivers (well, it says it has, but ive no real proof of these drivers as such, as they seem to be embeded so cannot directly access them as such and copy as a backup.)

So im back to where I was really.

There is a "pro" option which requires a licence to fix the detected error as I stated originally, but this means paying for it and I guess there is no guarantee it will actually resolve the driver device issue anyway....

If anyone else has any other ideas it would be appreciated. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you enter the exact model of your TV or external monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi,  Thanks for your reply.

The TV I have here running on atm is a Sony KDL 40EX503.

I also have a couple of monitors I have tried it on, one of which is a LG27MP65

I have tried about 7 different HDMI cables (just in case it was something there which it isnt) and just so we are clear, these work fine when it was running W7.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Although it is not an official Acer site, I have already downloaded some drivers from this site: https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/acer/laptops-desktops/revo-rl70/114052
    Check for latest drivers for your model! I am referring this site, because I have already tested it personally!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    Options
    Hi, I did actually do this once before about 2 months ago....  However I'm happy to give it another go.  Last time it made no difference at all.

Give me 30 mins and I'll let you know.... :)
  • IXL
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your help... Unfortunately nothing new to report, same as before.

I did try all of these though...

Device Name: High Definition Audio Controller
    Driver Date 2013-09-17 File Size: 218.74M
    Driver Version: 7.12.0.7717 Vendor: AMD
    Supported OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, Windows Vista 64bit, Windows XP 64bit

Device Name: High Definition Audio Device
    Driver Date 2009-03-18 File Size: 33.79M
    Driver Version: 4.83.2.50 Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices
    Supported OS: Windows 10 32 & 64bit, Windows 8.1 32 & 64bit, Windows 7 32 & 64bit, Windows Vista 32 & 64bit, Windows XP

Driver Date 2010-08-30 File Size: 72.62M
    Driver Version: 7.11.0.7710 Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices
    Supported OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, Windows Vista 64bit

and

Driver Date 2015-06-04 File Size: 314.43M
    Driver Version: 7.12.0.7722 Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices
    Supported OS: Windows 7 64bit

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I googled idhardware and it looks like it's an amd / ati driver! Try downloading this driver, but installing the .inf file on the problem driver: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_AMD_26.20.11028.0_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=637051599776354014&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE TC-865&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    Options
    Hi, Thanks again for your suggestion.

I tried what you said, but the issue as stated at the beginning just re-occurs again with the Code 10 Error. 

I am a very very calm person, but I seriously am getting fed up... lol 

• IXL
    Options
    Im going to rest it for a while and calm down... lol Its new year, so going to have a little celebration and then look again at this tomorrow.   If any other ideas come up, i would be grateful.