REVO 70 - Windows 10 Install - Two issues - HDMI Sound and Shut down issue.

Options
124»

Answers

• IXL
    IXL Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7601
    Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: ######

DISKPART> list disk
     Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
      --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
      Disk 0    Online          ####
      Disk 1    Online          ####
      Disk 2    Online          ####
      Disk 3    Online           14 GB      0 B

DISKPART> sel disk 3
    Disk 3 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> clean
    DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.

DISKPART> convert mbr
    DiskPart successfully converted the selected disk to MBR format.

DISKPART> create partition primary
    DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.

DISKPART> format fs-fat32 quick
    The arguments specified for this command are not valid.
    For more information on the command type: HELP FORMAT

DISKPART> format fs-fat32
    The arguments specified for this command are not valid.
    For more information on the command type: HELP FORMAT

Hmmmmm.  Ive got to ***** out for an hour, but will come back and see what im doing wrong... Disk 3 is my 16 gig usb stick.  Im doing this from another PC atm, whilst my revo is currently creating some new recovery DVD's for me...and downloading the ISO for W10.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    fs=fat32 quick It is not a -. but the equal symbol =
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IXL
    Options
    Ah, thanks, was reading from my phone so was so small, couldn't see. Appolgies, for silly mistake. 
  • IXL
    Options
    Hi Chaps.

Just so we are clear on what I have done so far (and for those who read this for the first time).

BIOS - Ive set a BIOS password on the Revo RL 70. I exited the bios after saving and rebooted and re-entered the bios with the password.  This unfortunately made no difference what so ever to any options available and was exactly the same as before. (EG there was no legacy option, other than the same USB Legacy mode as previously stated).

I have formatted the USB stick to MBR mode (as you explained above) exactly (thank you so much for that, I have never had to do this before so was good to learn something new) and successfully re-downloaded the W10 as an ISO and mounted it to the USB stick, all using your RUFUS tool, which was great.

So im about to try installing using the USB stick, although, not sure if this will make any difference.... 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good luck. Wear safety goggles and ear protection.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IXL
    edited January 2020
    Options
    OMG....

Guess what....

I have some news....

As I type this, I am still shaking as it has only just finished the install.

It WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first check was to see if I had any errors on the Audio Controller.  (None what so ever at all).

Then I noticed the audio device was still the S/PDIF so my heart sank... then I re-connected the HDMI to the TV, id didnt detect the display, so my heart sank...

However after restarting the TV, display was detected and then a moment later some sounds popped through... and the audio device shows as a HDMI...

I cannot believe it...

I love you guys... thank you for all your help.  Do you have a patreon site or something so I can buy you coffees? 

Chuffed to bits.

So in short, it seems like the install has to be done via a USB stick in MBR mode...   (well, I guess if I try again using the same method for the other revo it will double confirm the theory...).

Going to let it do the updates and get this one sorted for the moment and then I'll address the Bluray Revo RL70 to see if I can get that one working this way too...

I have not ran any other driver tools or ran any updates or anything, so this gives me even more confidence really...

Thank you for all your help and for explaining things so well.

I'll come back to you on how I get on...with the other revo, I just hope that the shut down issue doesnt re-occur...  (so far ok)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You're welcome, my friend. However, if your computer is working properly, there is no reason to perform any updates at this time. Windows updates often mess up a computer that is in order.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats. Agree with @egydiocoelho . If it works well, don't try to fix it with updates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IXL
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi.

No,  I tried everything. 

The only solution thanks to the two guys egydiocoelho and JackE was to format the media in MBR mode,  create the install again from an iso onto the media ubs drive and install again. 

Worked immediately. 

I spent months trying different files, drivers, bios settings and nothing fixed it and wasted so much time. 

Really pleased this all now works.