REVO 70 - Windows 10 Install - Two issues - HDMI Sound and Shut down issue.

Options

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Heheh, definitely time for some bubbly and a nice relax. :)
    The hardware IDs are for an ATI Technologies device, which has been purchased a while ago by AMD. If you look here they list most of the devices that fall in that family. It's looking to me like the HD Audio over HDMI is bundled with the AMD VGA drivers, though that might have only been in some of the W7 versions. The newest supported versions are Windows 7, but they should work fine in W10 if installed in compatibility mode. Note that I believe the newest one from Acer is this one, which is W7 64bit. Try doing an install with that in compatibility mode for W7 and see if it clears it up. If it does it might be worthwhile to do some searching to see if AMD updated them beyond the version Acer has.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IXL
    IXL Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion.  (and Happy new year btw).

Am downloading your suggestion now.....

• IXL
    Options
    Still no joy.  Im still seeing the Error 10 Code against the High Definition Audio Controller...  :(

So annoying.. I thought maybe we were moving forward, but still not.   Im still not seeing an alternative Audio Device either, I was hoping I should see an Alternative Device for HDMI other than the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) High Definition Audio Device which ive had all this time.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I know you are using windows 10. However, the same suggestion is also valid for windows 10.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IXL
    Options
    Hiya, Thanks for your reply.  I was hopeful as well when I first read this, but I realised I had already tried read these suggestions and updated the bios as the post there suggests.   However what I will do is go through all these steps again and advise you whats missing, as I seem to remember, that being on W10 (instead of W7 or W8 for example) did not give the same options to select as per the post that is provided...

I'll get back to you, thanks so much for at least coming up with ideas.   I still think its all to do with the Error 10.   Give me a day or so, as I need to work.... 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried colleague billsey's suggestion by installing the driver in compatibility mode?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IXL
    Options
    Hiya. Yes, i did use compatability mode yesterday as suggested and it still provided the same outcome. 
  • IXL
    Options
    Hi Chaps,   Sorry for delay in replies here.

Im assuming you have no other ideas to propose to resolve this at all?

In the meantime, im restoring the OS back (on the revo rl70 combo) to W7, in an effort to extract the drivers that are auto installed from recovery, so then I can try these for W10.  (its the only theory I have left to try)

I dont suppose you know a way thats effective and simple to do this, or am I reaching for the rainbow's end here. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disabling and enabling the onboard audio controller in bios? Also check this answer from this user: 

Ok so maybe it wasn't the fix. It was lucky coincidence....
    I now have the guaranteed fix!
    I had something similiar where I had noticed no matter which driver I installed it would always show "High Definition Audio Controller" with an exclamation mark and it was driving me crazy as couldn't get HDMI to be recognised for audio - only video (ie extend or mirror displays worked fine).
    I have now worked out it's def a driver conflict between what appears to be Microsoft's standard driver for audio (that comes with Windows 8 via online driver collection) and realtek or amd drivers (when you try to install either of them).
    I finally had a eureka moment this weekend and started a new install of Windows 8.1 BUT this is what I did:
    1. I disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS
    2. I went through the windows setup but on setup I chose customize settings rather than express settings - in here you need to ensure (for now) that it won't try and find/download and install drivers via windows update so turn this off for now
    3. Now when I finished the rest of the setup and got into Windows I simply downloaded the realtek AMD driver from: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false
    Select "ATI HDMI Audio Device" (2.70) and run and install this.
    4. Restart your PC and you will have the HDMI audio working now. I tested this with the AMD Catalyst Drivers too and it did work ok too but I'd read in a few places it was better to use the Realtek driver as it was better(?).
    I have tested and DTS and Dolby Digital definitely work fine (all my amp can support - it's old!).
    Anyways it is all working fine and I know if I ever need to rebuild or anything that I can confidently get it working fine.
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/revo-rl70-hdmi-issues.1656246/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your input.

I dont recall ever seeing an option for the audio in the bios, I will have to check once the restore has finished and have a look.   Pretty certain it didnt, as I would of done that ages ago myself. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you check this out:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    Options
    Hiya, I'll confirm that in a moment.  Cheers.

Got a bit of news of where I am so far.

So, as I said before, I have two of these devices, so one of them I have restored back to Factory, using the recovery CDs.   So its back to how it was with W7 and all the annoying bloatware... lol

Now, what I have done is examined the hardware on the two key items that we were looking at and I also found on the W7 install, two folders which had an enormous list of files and possible driver files.   Once called "drivers" which has mainly .sys files and another which is called "DriverStore" and within this folder, there were others, the main one of interest called "File Repository".   In there I can see about 1 gigs worth of drivers within all sub folders, but no real idea without spending hours finding it, which one might be the drivers im after. These all appear to be .INF files   (BTW Immediately, I want to point out, that doing the restore on the revo that I had W10 installed on which had audio issues via HDMI, all were perfectly fine again after the restore back to W7.  So am pleased to verify that its not hardware again. )

I took a copy of these two folders put them onto a usb stick for the moment. 

So I then booted up my other revo to compare the drivers.  The problem I have I think, is that on the W10 device, I cannot roll back the driver that is installed, it appears to be a MS one and although I have the right driver, ( in theory ) on the USB, it will not install it ever.  All I am doing atm, is pointing the browse location to the root of the usb stick that has all the driver folders, so it can find them.    Even if I uninstall it and then select the source from the usb drivers, it will not use it.   What i has done is installed a Realteck driver, which has changed the audio device, so that of the audio jacks, but I am not yet seeing the HDMI device audio....

Is there a way to force a device to use a different driver thats earlier?  You will see that the "roll back" option is greyed out...  :(

• IXL
    Options

This is taken from the W7 Install of the revo, showing the Sound devices, you can see there is one for AMD High Definition Audio device, within the Sound and Video section...

Hardware ID

• IXL
    Options
    Here you can see both "High Definition Audio Controllers"...

Hardware ID

Second one...

• IXL
    Options
    PS, yes, apologies, I have the same BIOS option... I am disabling that now to see what happens....
  • IXL
    Options
    Unfortunately, disabling the Audio via the BIOS, just prevents all audio from doing anything, it tries to find a solution, but cannot.  The HD Audio Bus is still showing in the Device Manager, with the same error as well.

Any thoughts on my previous post about how to force the roll back to work for drivers? (when its shaded out?)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you upgrading windows 7 to windows 10? Or are you doing a cold install of windows 10? Also, have you tried to force hardware installation by clicking "add legacy hardware" using the .inf file in device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IXL
    Options
    Hi,  I do appreciate your help.

Maybe we can step though this step by step, so we dont miss anything between us that might be getting over looked.

Im doing a cold install of W10, formatting the drive each time ect, installing via USB, created from the microsoft W10 media creation tool.

I have tried both methods though (upgrade and fresh) but the last few attempts I have been doing have been direct fresh installs (no upgrade).

I need to find a way to stop windows 10 installing the same driver once its removed or been uninstalled.  If you can help with this, or give me a run though of your process you are suggesting it would be helpful.   

Thanks,
  • IXL
    Options
    IVe been trying to "have disk" install in the meantime, some of the drivers that I have in those two folders I mentioned above, but those that "look" close to what Im after (eg display driver, or audio bus ect) dont work as they come up stating the driver is not signed.. so doesnt install it or refuses to...

Ive been at this for 8 hours now.. reading some threads on Hyper V ect ect and none of those help at all or are related to this issue for me... There are lots of posts about the issue, a lot seem to be for Intel users, but im AMD and have the same issue but not really getting anywhere.

Giving it a rest until tomorrow....  (if you need any other info, pls let me know).....  Thanks again.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! I understood your question. To prevent windows from downloading the driver again, disable the wireless network card and then uninstall and delete the driver like this:

Then restart windows and try to install the .inf file from device manager!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer