Graphics problems and auto restart, a515-43 vega 8

Opções

Respostas

• SamirBilalMemon
    SamirBilalMemon Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho As you can see it occurred today completely randomly on battery power, my mouse got stuck and i suspected that the black screen will come, I had positioned my phone on the side from before so i quickly hit record so you guys could see the whole thing.

@Suvan I installed the chipset driver and the issue still occurred today as seen in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQdXdn-i3I
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho As you can see it occurred today completely randomly on battery power, my mouse got stuck and i suspected that the black screen will come, I had positioned my phone on the side from before so i quickly hit record so you guys could see the whole thing.

@Suvan I installed the chipset driver and the issue still occurred today as seen in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQdXdn-i3I
    Update: I tried pressing the start key and clicking the start button but they did not respond, after restart on windows explorer in task manager they are now working fine. I have noticed this occur after a screen blackout for a few seconds.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Check this version bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho are you looking for this?

• Suvan
    Suvan Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Opções
    @SamirBilalMemon i have the recommended adrenaline drivers and have no black screen. I think you could try using sfc /scannow command in command prompt(administrator)
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @Suvan What is your BIOS version? And here are the scan results, no problems found.

• SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho I confirmed my bios version on acer care center, here it is.

• SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho I watched an acer tutorial and successfully updated my bios as seen in screenshot below, I will continue posting updates here regarding my situation, thank you for the help. @Suvan please do let me know what BIOS you are running and are you sure your laptop is the exact same as mine?

• SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho It happened again even after bios version 1.08, what do we do now?

• Suvan
    Suvan Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    editado agosto 2020
    Opções
    @SamirBilalMemon yes I have the same acer aspire a515-43 model with ryzen 5 3500u with bios v1.07. I think you could try the previous graphics drivers of the 3500u.

• SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    Suvan said:
    @SamirBilalMemon yes I have the same acer aspire a515-43 model with ryzen 5 3500u with bios v1.07. I think you could try the previous graphics drivers of the 3500u.

@Suvan What's the point? You have exact same notebook bios 1.07 latest recommended driver, when I was using those i still had the problem. I still have the same problem now, also I am reluctant to do so because its 480 mb and i only get 1.5 gb per day. I need my data to complete my coursera courses, I always fall short of data, at this point I will no longer do anything to BIOS or amd driver since yours seem to work fine and mine should too. I'm sorry but I will only take up a completely new suggestion now, or else it's contact acer support and warranty, my warranty is still active and I have video evidence and troubleshooting evidence. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    @SamirBilalMemon As you updated the bios, do the following:
    a) access the bios and then press f9 to restore it. Then click on save & shutdown. If there is no such function, press f10 to save and exit and then shut down the laptop.
    b) then, restart the battery:
    On some models, it is necessary to turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter and press the power button for 12 seconds. This will fix any bugs that remained during the update of the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho
    I started bios, pressed f9 restored defaults then pc did not shut down, i pressed f10 save and exit and then pc restart automatically. i shut it down put the pin for 5 seconds, reset the battery and left computer for 5 minutes, then i held power button 12 seconds, nothing happened. then i pressed power button and computer turned on, now I will keep giving update on situation if fixed or not.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    @SamirBilalMemon Did the problem occur again?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho
    I don't know i went to sleep then, now it is morning time here, I will report after full day of laptop use
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho
    Black screen problem again! It repeated again, what do we do now?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho
    Look one more black screen, I started recording late but I just recorded this right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCUjLT79pY
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Can you still exchange the laptop with the seller? Also, does the same problem occur when you uninstall and delete the amd video card drivers in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho my product came with a 10 day replacement policy, I cannot exchange it. I still have warranty, will that help me?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Opções
    @egydiocoelho
    I uninstalled the driver as you told me to but the problem is I cannot play dota 2 now, it says it can't use vulkan API, I will keep using the laptop like this and tell you if the black screen comes again. If it comes again I will install my driver again