A315-42G-R03V M.2 SSD SATA 3

Opções

Respostas

• zWind14
    zWind14 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Opções
    Oh, I never bothered checking the compatibility within crucial's website. Tried checking the m.2 nvme ssd that I swapped with the previous m.2 ssd sata 3 and this is the result I got with my A315-42G model.

• Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zWind14
    Opções
    Is 42 and 42g the same? My crucial m.2 nvme ssd will arrive tomorrow.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    The difference is that the 42g model has a DGPU (dedicated graphic) and an igpu (integrated graphic). Model 42 has only one integrated chart.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zWind14
    Opções
    I see, so I guess it's either crucial's compatibility tool is inaccurate and any m.2 nvme ssd works for my model as shown in userbenchmark or crucial's compatibility tool is accurate as well as userbenchmarks but just not with the m.2 nvme ssd model I will have tomorrow.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Once ssd arrives, you should make sure it appears on the bios info tab.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zWind14
    Opções
    Hello, a quick update. So that if anyone finds this post in the future with the same problem as mine, they would be able to know the solution. My m.2 nvme ssd just arrived and was recognized immediately by the bios upon installation. So @egydiocoelho is right. My laptop model A315-42/42G only accepts any m.2 nvme ssd and not m.2 ssd sata 3. Also, crucial's website is inaccurate for not flagging their product with my laptop as compatible. Thank you again, @egydiocoelho for assisting me all throughout. Best wishes and happy holidays!

• Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    You are Welcome my friend! Happy new year holidays to you too.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeanGarette
    SeanGarette Member Posts: 8 New User
    Opções
  • Commodore_1995#
    Opções
    Yes my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeanGarette
    Opções
    https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/kingston-a2000-250gb-m2-nvme-pcie-ssd-sa2000m8250g-i416896768-s1021774877.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.2.42194afci9fOI5&search=1 would this ssd be compatible as well? sorry im a total noob for this kind of stuff idk how to check if it's compatible
  • SeanGarette
    Opções
    Sorry for the double post lol, didn't realize. Last question, does this model include a screw for the m.2 slot or should I provide that on my own? Haven't opened it yet just wanna make sure
  • zWind14
    Opções
    Yeah, it does.
  • SeanGarette
    Opções
    Something's wrong with the m.2 slot on mine. The metal where the screw is rested is slightly crushed, the whole bay has creases of bends and just, it's not straight. I still was able to put the ssd in tho... Warranty void by taking the screw off under the sticker so idk. Thanks
  • zWind14
    Opções
    Something's wrong with the m.2 slot on mine. The metal where the screw is rested is slightly crushed, the whole bay has creases of bends and just, it's not straight. I still was able to put the ssd in tho... Warranty void by taking the screw off under the sticker so idk. Thanks
    Yeah, it's the same condition as mine. Maybe it is common for empty m.2 slots. You're welcome. Next step is to repaste cpu and gpu.
  • SeanGarette
    Opções
    zWind14 said:
    Yeah, it's the same condition as mine. Maybe it is common for empty m.2 slots. You're welcome. Next step is to repaste cpu and gpu.
    Wdym by repaste? Thermal paste?
  • zWind14
    Opções
    Yeah, mx-4 or gc extreme is good or whichever you prefer as long as you repaste it. Stock acer thermal paste is not very good.
  • SeanGarette
    Opções
    zWind14 said:
    Yeah, mx-4 or gc extreme is good or whichever you prefer as long as you repaste it. Stock acer thermal paste is not very good.

But I just got this laptop, like 3 months. Should I consider repasting?
  • zWind14
    Opções
    I think I should just send you a message about this topic as it is not related to m.2's anymore and this thread is already resolved.
  • Baconfry
    Baconfry Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Opções
    Hello!

...and I think it offers great specs for its price, and I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. Is it compatible for the laptop? Is it a good pick?

PS: If you can't view the link it's an "Intel 660p series." More details on the link. Thanks!