What can I do if my Acer notebook will not power on?
The following troubleshooting steps may address issues that can cause your Acer device to not power on. If the issues are still present after troubleshooting, you may have a hardware failure that requires repair.
Your Acer product may fail to turn on for any of the reasons listed below.
- A static electricity build up.
- A failed AC adapter or power cord.
- Insufficient charge in the battery.
- Your products internal battery has been over discharged.
- A hardware problem with the product that requires repair.
The following troubleshooting suggestions may help you resolve your power issues.
- Ensure that the power cord and/or AC adapter are plugged into the computer and that the connection is solid and not loose fitting.
- Verify that the power cord is plugged into the AC adaptor completely.
- Attempt to use a different electrical outlet or test the outlet you are using by plugging in another device.
- If the power cord or AC adaptor is plugged into a surge protector, verify that the surge protector is powered on.
- Reset internal battery.
- Try a power reset. This process only works on systems with removable batteries.
If you are still experiencing a problem, please contact Acer support for further assistance.