Can I use an external antenna on my Acer Predator Connect X5?
Your Acer Predator Connect X5 comes with a build-in antenna. However, if you use the Predator Connect X5 in a situation where the signal is not optimal, you can use it with an external DIV antenna to improve the 5G signal.
If you need to improve the 5G signal with an external DIV antenna, you need to enable the external DIV antenna in the dashboard of the Acer Predator Connect X5 first. Refer to the steps below to enable an external DIV antenna.
Note: The external antenna can only be used with antennas that use the TS-9 standard with n77/n78/n79 bands.
How to enable an external DIV antenna on a Predator Connect X5
- Connect a LAN cable to any of the LAN ports of the Predator Connect X5.
- Open an internet browser on your computer and type one of the following into the search bar of your browser:
- Log into your Predator Connect X5 using the password that can be found on the bottom of your device. You now have access to the dashboard.
- In the left menu, click on the System.
- Then click on Antenna switch in the submenu.
- In the Antenna switch menu, go to Antenna and select External.
- Now click on the Apply button to apply your setting.
Your Acer Predator Connect X5 is now configured to be used with an external antenna.